Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shooting an old prison: Photojournalists, Strobists and anyone else please chime in.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U View Post
    First off, check you don't have any outstanding warrants.
    Good Idea. "Did I pay that last speeding ticket"
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Sheiky View Post
    Check out the internet for "urban exploration" or just "urban" photography and look at some of those shots. The idea of urban is that you shoot photos at abandoned or closed down buildings. In the category you might get some ideas of interesting shooting angles and styles.

Have fun!
    That was a great suggestion. although I have seen a few shots of this type, I didn't realize there was a whole photography genre or subculture. Really cool stuff and just exactly the kind of photos I would like to produce with this little adventure

Thanks
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by conropl View Post
    A couple of shots with the contrast pushed a little to far and a real grainy look would help enhance that gritty, surreal feel of the place. Try some real high ISO's with exposer compensation in the negitives may get you some real grainy B&W's... some may not like that type of picture, but in this case I think that is what would give the right feel to the picure.

It also may help the effect to push the sharpening a little farther than you would normally.
    More solid suggestions, I played with the grain a little in the trial version of Silver EFX pro----really adds to some of the shots. The sharpening idea is also one I will remember when I get to post.

Thanks
    Bob

Has this happened yet Bob? Would love to see some of the shots.
    Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers

I was just thinking about this thread two days ago. Glad you brought it back up. Can't wait much longer Bob I'm so excited for ya.
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.

Not too much pressure, but your fans are waiting......

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72 View Post
    Not too much pressure, but your fans are waiting......
    Sorry Guys, But I won't be doing any of this until the middle of January----I am chomping at the bit to get inside this old "HAUNTED" building. I just hope I can do it justice.
    Bob

Oh, And please, keep your suggestions coming. I am actually taking notes.
    Bob

As long as there's a nice stormy clouds, a nice HDR taken with a really wide lens from really low down, in a courtyard or so with the dark stormclouds festering above would look great (weather-dependent)
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.
    Gear Photos

(I've got an image in my mind, not sure if i've seen it somewhere or even dreamt it. somewhere in between this one and this one, but with more of the ground in the courtyard showing and the grass coming through cracks and whatnot...)

edit: I think this is kind of what I had in mind...
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.
    Gear Photos