Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shooting an old prison: Photojournalists, Strobists and anyone else please chime in.

Would still like one up high for an inside shot. Like a security camera perspective. Maybe even long exposure trickery for a few "ghosts".
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.

Quote Originally Posted by bob williams View Post
    Oh, And please, keep your suggestions coming. I am actually taking notes.
    Check this out. This guy has some prison photos. Probably an older prison than the one you are going to, but he had some neat shots.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/no3rdw/...7628532272279/
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Okay, officially past the middle of January. If you can't tell, I am really excited to see this.. I'm sure there is some deep rooted jealousy in there somewhere. Has the eagle landed?!
    Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco View Post
    Okay, officially past the middle of January. If you can't tell, I am really excited to see this.. I'm sure there is some deep rooted jealousy in there somewhere. Has the eagle landed?!
    Well Rocco, the plan is to do a recon mission tomorrow (Wednsday) and take a few test shots---hopefully I'll have something to post from that round. In a couple of weeks, I'll go and spend the whole day there and really work the shots.

Bob
    Bob

Just an update---Had a minor crisis this week at work, so I wasn't able to take the day to go do this. But....It is still on the agenda.--Sorry Rocco.
    Bob

Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco View Post
    I know Rocco, I am disapointed as well. Things have just been to busy at work lately. The nice thing is that the invitation remains open---I just have to get through the next month or two before the schedule allows that kind of free time.
    Bob

Just bumping this thread up a bit
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.

Quote Originally Posted by bob williams View Post
    If you aren't aware, the old Santa Fe prison was the sight of the bloodiest prison riot in U.S. History. It has been featured on many documentaries and in several prison movies and is rumored to be one of the most haunted places in the US. So my question: What now?

Thanks
    You need to forget the still photos and instead get a video camera that shoots night-vision. You could make a kindergarten art class look spooky that way if you just jerk the camera around a lot.
    A random assortment of totally irrelevant measuring devices is essential; a barometer, a thermometer, a fathometer, a dynomometer...prety much any kind of '-ometer' will do.
    Then you just need a couple of girls with night-vision cameras so everyone can film each other pretending to see/hear things and screaming.
    Bingo!! Reality TV gold!
    Last edited by Scott Stephen; 04-21-2012 at 04:54 PM.
    Canon 6D, Canon EF 16-35 f/2.8 L III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art"; Canon EF 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 L IS Macro; Canon 24-105 f/4 L ; Canon EF-S 17-55 f/2.8 IS (unused nowadays), EF 85 f/1.8; Canon 1.4x TC Mk. 3; 3x Phottix Mitros+ flashes

So any luck working on this project?
    EOS 60D, Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di II VC, EF 50mm f/1.8 II, EF 70-200mm f/4.0 L USM, EF 300mm f/4.0 L IS USM