Thread: Red Bubble, any experiences....

Red Bubble, any experiences....

I would like feedback from anyone that has had anything to do with Red Bubble. Spoke to a guy here who swears by it and has made a little money using it. He takes photos of cranes all over the world and then does some artwork to them and posts his art on Red Bubble and from there you can buy prints, TShirts phone covers and so on. He says it is a very supportive environment, similar to Flickr in some ways, but doesn't cost him anything to set up or sell products.
    Has anyone here given it a go.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Senior Member nvitalephotography's Avatar
    Interesting, I had not heard of this until now. I just looked it up and read a bit about it. Looks rather risk free. I cant imagine its terribly profitable unless you advertise yourself like crazy, but if you are doing that you probably dont need a site like this either, cause you probably have a site of your own.

but I would be curious to see what others have to say.

Nick

That's what this guy said, he prefers to use it instead of facebook and he gets to chat with like minded artists, place he gets to make a few extra dollars. His thing is cranes, here is the link to his RedBubble site if you are interested. www.redbubble.com/people/craneman

Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

I had never heard of this site before either so I checked it out! The photos are absolutely beautiful!! I wish I knew how to apply some of the artistic styles that I see many of them use!

The forums don't seem like they have much conversation going on but I will go back to this site very frequently just to look at the photos!

Senior Member nvitalephotography's Avatar
    Yeah, everybody's photos on there look highly edited. I agree about wishing I knew how to achieve some of them.

Funny, when you said he was into cranes, I was think Whooping, or Sandhill. When I clicked over and saw what kind of cranes he shoots, I kind of chuckled at myself.

Quote Originally Posted by HiFiGuy1 View Post
    Funny, when you said he was into cranes, I was think Whooping, or Sandhill. When I clicked over and saw what kind of cranes he shoots, I kind of chuckled at myself.
    And I was thinking of the industrial version. Ah, how our life's experiences and fondnesses shape our perceived world...