Page 13 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best Landscape...

We had some really cool frost covered trees two days ago. Foggy and then froze, white everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheiky View Post
    As I said, I shot this tree before in a different season(fall 2010):

The Tree of Life by Jan Paalman, on Flickr
    Jan, I really like the sun shining through the tree in this picture. Great capture!

A few more...

Jayson - All of them are beautiful shots (including that lake above). Everything is well exposed, even with all that snow around. I really like the red barn, but the lesson in DOF with the barbed wire fence is just cool. What lens are you using for these?
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

From the Macro thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Raid View Post
    Would it be possible to show us how to shoot a blizzard, as I have never seen one in real life, can you get a good shot?

Tony

PS: I wonder how long before somebody posts an all white picture?
    A blizzard is pretty much a lot of snow blowing sideways and you can not see much of anything. The real beauty of a blizzard is right after it is done and everything is white and clean and there are new snow formations (a.k.a., snow drifts) all over the place.

Not much snow this year, but it was snowing pretty good today and was blowing quite heavily. Not really considered a blizzard, but here are a few shots with a 100-400mm L. I kind of like the first one with the blowing snow it came out looking more like a painting. Then it kept getting worse out so I took a couple shot on the way back to the car. Not great pictures, but you can get the idea.

Manistee Lighthouse-8689 by westmichigan, on Flickr

Manistee Lighthouse-8691 by westmichigan, on Flickr

Manistee Lighthouse-8604 by westmichigan, on Flickr
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Those shots are fantastic Pat, was it cold? Love the leading lines on the lighthouse.
    And Jason great series of shots, love the barb wire and the barn and the B&W.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Great shots Pat.
    Wally Bouw Flickr Vimeo

Thanks Pat and Steve. It was a very lovely morning after, but too damn cold out now. Pat, I believe you have shown pretty well what a blizzard looks like and subject matter with the lighthouse was great. Central Nebraska gets nailed like that all the time and I hate driving in the stuff.

Pat, the lake with rocks and the first shot of trees were taken with a 7D, Tokina 12-24mm f/4 lens. The last two was the 7D with Canon 24-70mm lens. I had a B&W Polarizer on the shots with the rocks hence the off colored sky on the left side. I couldn't think of any other way to remove the reflections of the water. The set of the photos with the barn and trees were all HDR from 2 to 3 exposures. I believe they were set at -2, 0, +2. My post a couple pages back with the sunset was with the Tokina also and I used a HiTech 3 stop hard grad for the sky.

Wow, Pat! Looks like you got hit with the storm we had yesterday! Beautiful shots ...if the pattern continues, be prepared for below zero temps tomorrow!

@Jayson - Beautiful shot with the barn ...it makes me want to do more landscape shots!