Page 41 of 63 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best Landscape...

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72 View Post
    Great series Andy!
    +1.

No. 2 is a real beauty with just about every element of the image in nice cooperation. Though my favorite is no. 4. It has great depth and I can almost feel like like I'm hanggliding into the frame.

Hi all,

I've been lurking this forum for some time now, and really like the friendly atmosphere and the impressive amount of both skill and knowledge displayed here. While I'm nowhere near most of you in terms of photography (not to mention my poor written english skills), I happen to live in a wonderful place that allows me to sometimes take nice pictures nonetheless.

Lately I started to be really interested in just hiking around in the swiss Alps with my 450D. I read Jonathan's post about larch season in Canada (p. 38 of this thread), and thought I would mention that we have quite a lot of larch trees here as well. Most tourists think they are ill when they see them without needles during the winter, but these trees are really something to see these days. I was lucky enough to have some time to hike around last Sunday, and here are two of the resulting pictures. I hope you'll enjoy them.

Have a good day.

Autumn colors par Tounis_9, sur Flickr

[
    Emaney par Tounis_9, sur Flickr
    Last edited by Tounis; 01-19-2013 at 01:20 PM.

Welcome Tounis to the forum, they are certainly spectacular shots, particularly love the last one. The scale of that shot is magnificent. Has the frost killed all the grass?

Cheers,
    Steve
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Thank you for the comment Steve.

Yes, at this altitude (about 1800 meters), there have already been some rather cold nights. Snow came the previous Monday, and you can still see some of it on the top of the mountains, but the rest of the week has been beautiful and it quickly melted. There's not that much grass anyway, as a cow herd is spending the summer up there, leaving almost nothing behind. Now they are back down in the valley preparing for winter.
    A few weeks from now, snow will cover the whole place, which won't be easy to visit before at least May.

Welcome, Tounis. Those are beautiful images.

Larry

Welcome, Tounis --- those are great shots. I love larches and look forward to seeing them in their golden splendor each fall. It's great when you get a nice mix of green and gold as you did, together with a mountain backdrop. Perfect. I'm very much looking forward to seeing more scenic landscapes from your area... keep them coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Huyer View Post
    Welcome, Tounis --- those are great shots. I love larches and look forward to seeing them in their golden splendor each fall. It's great when you get a nice mix of green and gold as you did, together with a mountain backdrop. Perfect. I'm very much looking forward to seeing more scenic landscapes from your area... keep them coming!
    Thanks for the positive feedback. I'll certainly try to keep them coming as I spend more time walking (or skiing) around here. Winter is coming soon, and it's always an interesting season too here in the mountains.
    By the way, I wanted to thank you, because the numerous beautiful landscapes you posted on this forum inspired me to give more time to photography, and to try to improve my ability to see the beauty of the nature around me. And when I look at your pictures, it always reminds me of the time we spent between British Columbia and Alberta during a trip with my family when I was only 8. I have really fond memories of this journey through your country, and I certainly hope to come back one day.

@nvitalephotography, those are really nice. I especially like the third one.

Nick - Nice shots... where were these taken?

Tounis - Welcome to the forum. The mountain landscapes are great, and I hope to see more. Sorry, I am a bit late responding to your first post.

Pat
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Senior Member nvitalephotography's Avatar
    The top one is Cades cove, in Smoky Mountain National Park. The water is the stream just below below Amicalola falls in Georgia (which I posted a photo of in the autumn thread)
    Last edited by nvitalephotography; 10-25-2012 at 03:13 AM.