Page 5 of 63 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best Landscape...

Senior Member francongphotography's Avatar
    Wow...really nice shots guys...well...I guess I'll have to embarrass myself here with my amateur shots

I just happened to really like this photo I take back in the summer of 2010 in Crater Lake National Park

http://francongphotography.wordpress...craterlake-75/

This thread is becoming one of my favorites - great contributions everyone! My current favorite is the second Iceland shot, there's something special about the mood in this photo and it also makes me curios about who lives in the house. I also wanted to contribute with some recent shots and got carried away in writing. Sorry for the long post, but I felt I should add some storytelling to the shots.

We are currently having unusually high water level in the Baltic Sea, probably due to a relatively mild but windy winter so far. Last weekend I went to one of my favorite local places for sea landscape photography, both to check this out and also for a few hours of general shooting. The temperature was a few degrees above 0°C when I got there but decreased as the sun was setting to a few degrees below. This is rather “warm” for this time of year but the wind was quite hard. I don’t know the figures but the meteorologists would probably have called it moderate to fresh gale - at least it was enough to keep the usual strollers away from the seaside.

First there’s this “documentary” shot showing the water level. The tree with icicles on its lower branches doesn’t usually stand in the sea - normally you can walk dry all the way to the sunny rocks in the background.

As the sun was setting the exposure time went up and I like the motion feeling of the water in the shot below. You can also see the splashing waves turning into ice as they hit the rocks.

And then the last shot for the day: The sun had set and I had got closer to the water. What is not seen in the frame is me on my knees camera left with unzipped jacket held out to protect the camera from the wind. Around halfway into the 30 sec exposure a wave hit my legs and I quickly decided this was the last shot for the day. I really like the photo and its deceptively peaceful look, but I will probably feel a bit cold every time I see it.

Thanks for viewing!

Nice photos Freelance and CLS (particularly like #2). Maybe this is an odd compliment and maybe I woke up thinking of too much at work that I have to do today, but I find the photos very relaxing.

Just started attempting landscapes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayson View Post
    Just started attempting landscapes.
    ]
    I'd say you should keep at it! Beautiful shots.

Jason:

Very well done. I really like the blue sky (and other colors) reflecting off the ice.
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Jason, I think your off to a great start---The middle one is my Favorite. It has just enough sun in it to add the warm color but not so much as to wash out the clouds.
    Bob

Beautiful images on this page, love the sacrifice and dedication. I slept through my sunrise shoot this morning.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Lighthouses

A few shots from this morning. A little chilly this morning (-4 degrees F), but a nice morning anyway:

7D, 24-105mm f/4L IS @ 45mm, f/16, 0.5 sec, ISO 100

7D, 24-105mm f/4L IS @ 24mm, f/22, 1/6 sec, ISO 100

7D, 24-105mm f/4L IS @ 24mm, f/18, 1/40 sec, ISO 100

7D, 24-105mm f/4L IS @ 24mm, f/18, 1/40 sec, ISO 100
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr