Page 53 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best Landscape...

We had the first snowfall down in the valley here. A good occasion to go out once to sun came back.

Cold Morning on the Rhone Valley by Tounis_9, on Flickr

This morning's sunrise, over the Bow River in Banff National Park. When I saw the forecast was -30 C with light clouds, I knew I had to go here since the rocks would be nice and frosty and there would be mist over the water. To my amazement, I wasn't the only crazy one out there --- four other people showed up too!

Canon 5D3, 24mm TS-E, 2-stop hard edge grad ND, 1/15 sec @ f/11, ISO 100

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Huyer View Post
    This morning's sunrise, over the Bow River in Banff National Park. When I saw the forecast was -30 C with light clouds, I knew I had to go here since the rocks would be nice and frosty and there would be mist over the water. To my amazement, I wasn't the only crazy one out there --- four other people showed up too!
    I am moving to Canada...or maybe not - but the scenery you keep showing us tempts me, great shot!

Off topic, I (and likely most of us hanging around here) can really understand your reasoning, but less photography-interested people may find us strange: "When I saw the forecast was -30 C with light clouds, I knew I had to..."
    A) "...stay inside and try to find my thickest socks."
    B) "...go outside really early before the temperature rises and use no (or thin) gloves."
    C) "...light up the fireplace and stay close to it."

Quote Originally Posted by cls View Post
    I am moving to Canada...or maybe not - but the scenery you keep showing us tempts me, great shot!

Off topic, I (and likely most of us hanging around here) can really understand your reasoning, but less photography-interested people may find us strange: "When I saw the forecast was -30 C with light clouds, I knew I had to..."
    B) "...go outside really early before the temperature rises and use no (or thin) gloves."
    Great pic Jonathan really glad YOU took it

I vote for "C"
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

I would vote for "B". I love winter sunrises.

Well done Jonathan.
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

D)"...Book a flight to Tampa"

Thanks for the chuckles! --- I'm sure there are times when we've all been considered by non-photographers to be a few fries short of a Happy Meal. I think of Sean's photo shoot in the barn, as an example. But these are the times where the best shots, and the best memories, are made.

When I was done shooting, I spotted my reflection in my car window and thought I should grab one more photo... this time with my cell phone:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000101.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	2075

Awesome! That's a great after shot. The sunrise was pretty good too. :-)

It's been unusually cold in Seattle for several days. As a result the mist from Snoqualmie Falls (about 20 mi. east) is freezing and delivering quite a sight. It was a great excuse to try out my new 10 stop ND.

^^^^^Awesome shot, Patrick. I just bought the Foundation Kit and two adapter rings (77 and 82), plus the three grads (.3,.6,.9) to go with my Big Stopper. I just need to get to the post office to get my package. Hopefully tomorrow.
    Mark - Flickr