Page 57 of 63 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best Landscape...

Saturday I had the opportunity to travel by Pilger, NE and see the devastation from the 2 EF-4 tornados that scoured the earth. They still have most of the highways closed off and are only allowing volunteers into the town. I stopped along some of the section line roads to take a couple pictures before moving on. I couldn't stay long since I had a session I was traveling to.

This is the from the 2nd tornado that struck the feed lot. I attempted a panorama of 14 images to try and capture all of the damage as this moved across this area. The fire on the right is them burning the wooden debris from the trees and homes. Moving from left from the little road to right in the frame, you can see the path of dirt the tornado left as it ripped all the corn from the field.

Here is the town. You can see the whole east side of the town has been demolished. The building on the far right was an old school building they used as a middle school. Even it's brick and mortar was no match for the winds this monster was pushing.

Here is the path of the one that struck town. It's amazing how it can pull the grass and corn right from the ground.

Great photos....awful event. The destructive force is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayson View Post
    Pierre, I wish my simple ones looked like that! Beautiful!
    Thanks Jayson. It's a simple one because I just had to go out there and take the shot. The place is certainly something special. Your pictures of the tornado aftermath are really impressive. We don't see this in Europe.

Here's one from two days ago. The weather had been bad the whole day with a lot of rain. Then, a few minutes before it was too late, the sun finally made an apparition.

Evening light on the Dents de Morcles by Tounis_9, on Flickr

Went to watch a big storm roll in over the Mississippi. Between this storm and one earlier the same day, we got over 5 inches of rain in 24 hours and the river level rose a foot and a half in the next 24 hours.

Storm over I-74 bridge by sambisu, on Flickr
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/sambisu/

5DIII, T2i, Canon 24-70 f/2.8L II, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, Canon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, Canon 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II, 600EX-RT x2

Nice picture sambisu, I like these giant bridges. Quite impressive.

Here's another one of the Mont Blanc. Posting it reminds me that there was a little bit of good weather last week. Now it's been three days of intense rain, with a maximum temperature around 50°F. Not what I expected for Summer.

Mont Blanc by Tounis_9, on Flickr
    Last edited by Tounis; 07-08-2014 at 08:46 PM.

Took a drive down highway one to Big Sur a few weeks ago.

Big_Sur_MG_2636 by findley.john.s, on Flickr
    Last edited by jfindley; 07-08-2014 at 06:02 PM.

Another bridge shot. Couldn't sleep between midnight shifts, so I went and took some pictures around 4-5am.

20140726-0382_HDR-2 by sambisu, on Flickr
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/sambisu/

5DIII, T2i, Canon 24-70 f/2.8L II, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, Canon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, Canon 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II, 600EX-RT x2

Another great bridge picture Sam, congrats.

Here's one from today. I'll just paste the description I put on Flickr, sorry for the laziness.
    July has been a terrible month in terms of weather in Switzerland, so when I heard today would be a sunny day, I decided to go to a lake I like a lot. Unfortunately, when I got there, there was so much fog that I couldn't see the other side of the lake. Then the sky cleared. It lasted only five minutes, just enough to grab my camera and take a picture.

Fontanabran by Tounis_9, on Flickr
    Last edited by Tounis; 08-03-2014 at 09:33 AM.

Excellent images everyone.

My wife and I recently went to Split Rock Lighthouse in northern Minnesota on a nice July day. The conditions cooperated with us and after a short hike we had an excellent photo opportunity.

2014_07_03_7380_LR_upd by dthrog00, on Flickr

Thanks for viewing.
    Dave