Page 51 of 63 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best Landscape...

Quote Originally Posted by conropl View Post
    "Does it lead anywhere?"... Yes, right into a great shot.

Pat
    Thank you for the kind comment Pat.
    Now I can give the real answer to the question. If you look closely to the picture, you'll see a little cross. It marks the entrance of a little village where a few people live during the summer only. It's a high mountain pasture where cows, pigs, goats, and a few other animals spend their summer. Some of the chalets have been built during the 18th century, and are still standing. I go there several times a year.

Wonderful series taken from a kayak of all places!

here is one from Yellowstone at sunset:

5D3_4099 by ernogy, on Flickr

These are all fantastic... Erno that is very dramatic and beautiful, and the aspect ratio works very well with that composition. Pat those shots are also mighty impressive, and I am amazed to know that you can do that from a kayak. Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by conropl View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

What are you shooting with? What are the particulars of the shot you posted (shot settings?, filters?, why is this your best?).

I like the low perspective, and the reduced sun intensity shinning through the background vegetation. That is a tough shot to get color in the clouds and the foreground at the same time. I am guessing that you did not have a Graduated Neutrsal Density (GND) filter on at the time, but the GND may have helped get you more color in the sky.

Keep posting... I would like to see more of your landscapes.

Pat
    Thanks Pat i'm glad to be here.

as for what i'm shooting with it's a Canon Powershot A2400 IS, with this camera it's a case of "it's not the size of your camera the matters, it's how you use it"

and as for the particulars I was using Live View Mode with the Vivid up a little, and a bit of warmness in there as well, no filters, and as to why this is my best is because I thought even though it's not as good as y'alls I thought it was closest to them in terms of Quality.

and I shot that one freehand...

and thanks for the kind words, you've got some awesome sunrise shots there pat really nice stuff.

i'll be posting more of my pic's up soon
    Last edited by Watchmen24; 08-05-2013 at 07:45 AM.
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. john 3:16

my youtube photography page www.youtube.com/user/watchmen2892

Another picture of the Mont Blanc. I would have liked to get there earlier, but it took me more than three hours to get there on foot, and I still had to walk quite a bit after that.
    Anyway, it was one of the nicest place I visited lately. Here's just a little part of what I could see on Monday.
    Taken with the 70-200 f/4 L IS @ 85mm.

Make room for the king by Tounis_9, on Flickr

Went on a nice little nature walk today, came back with this shot.

Post your best Landscape...

Great Ocean Road, Victoria Australia Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377066468.719378.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	24.5 KB 
ID:	1951

Mark, great Alaskan set! I have always wanted to visit there. I agree the last shot is something I would print and hang.

Dave, great lightning. Timing on the shots seem to be perfect. Your sun through the trees is pretty cool. I wonder what it would look like if you brought back some of the shadows in the trees?

Andy, agree that Scotland is an amazing place. Someday I am going to go back there.

Tounis, great use of the road in your photo. Amazing shot. Mountains are beautiful, keep posting!

Pat, the orange glow in your photos really pops. That PP or natural? Great captures.

Erno, is the water always that peaceful at Yellowstone? It looks serene. Reflections are really cool in that shot.
    Last edited by Jayson; 08-21-2013 at 12:47 PM.

Here is a different spot on the rail. I used LR and then Nik Color Efex to bring back the shadows. I am using the trial of the Nik suite and can say, I think I am going to pony up the cash for the software. I really like it.

Coasters Over Snoopy

Name:  2013-08-24 | 15.01.47.JPG
Views: 358
Size:  152.5 KB