Page 48 of 63 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best Landscape...

Nice Dave. At least you had some blue skies and sun. On this side of the Lake it was cloudy all day. I am ready for some sun to stay around for a while.
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Taken last summer. C&C welcome.

7D with 24-105mm f/4L @ 28mm, 13 sec, f/16, ISO 100

The Beauty of Michigan's North Woods-8022 by westmichigan, on Flickr
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

We spent a few days of my son's spring break at the beach back in march. It was a nice trip but it wasn't exactly beach weather, a little cold but it was still a fun trip.

The shots of the pier were from the morning that I was ambitious enough to get up and out the door before sunrise. For the night shot of the stars I tried every night we were there to get a shot but most nights there was to much cloud cover.

All of these were taken with the 6D and the 17-40mm lens.

17mm, f/4, 30 sec, ISO 1600.

25mm, f/4, 1.6 sec, ISO 100.

24mm, f/8, 7 shot HDR at 2 EV spacing.
    Patrick

Nice ones Patrick, really like the blue tones in the middle one.

And Pat, beautiful reflection of the trees and sky, gorgeous landscape.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U View Post
    Nice ones Patrick, really like the blue tones in the middle one.
    I do as well. I haven't really ever taken pictures during "blue hour" but I enjoyed it and the results. I'm looking forward to doing it again.
    Patrick

Patrick...really like #1....great shots.

Patrick:

I like your landscapes. I always like long exposures.

On the last one you have an HDR picture. I am not real versed in HDR... so take my comment as one from someone with no relevant knowledge. If you have 7 shots with 2 EV spacing between shots, that would give you a total of 12 EV spread. I did not think you could have that kind of spread without the two extremes being all black and all white. My understanding is an EV is basically one stop on your camera, and each EV (at the same aperture) would double your exposure time. That just seems like a very large spread. I guess my question is... do you get that kind of range because you are looking directly into the sun? And how do you get all the detail and waves without ghosting or artifacts?

Again, I enjoyed all your shots - I hope you continue to post.

Pat
    flickr

Patrick,

I like #3 the best.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by conropl View Post
    Patrick:

I like your landscapes. I always like long exposures.

On the last one you have an HDR picture. I am not real versed in HDR... so take my comment as one from someone with no relevant knowledge. If you have 7 shots with 2 EV spacing between shots, that would give you a total of 12 EV spread. I did not think you could have that kind of spread without the two extremes being all black and all white. My understanding is an EV is basically one stop on your camera, and each EV (at the same aperture) would double your exposure time. That just seems like a very large spread. I guess my question is... do you get that kind of range because you are looking directly into the sun? And how do you get all the detail and waves without ghosting or artifacts?

Again, I enjoyed all your shots - I hope you continue to post.

Pat
    In truth I probably didn't need the 7 shot HDR, I probably would have been fine with three like I usually do for HDR. I had set the custom functions of the camera to take brackets in series of 7 for something else (although I don't remember what) and I hadn't changed it back. So when I switched over to take a bracketed shot I noticed the setting but I didn't want to waste any time changing it because the sun was already rising.

The reason I did an HDR is because I liked the texture of the pier but being in shadow and the bright sun being in the same frame I wouldn't be able to adequately capture that contrast in a single frame.

With regards to the ghosting and artifacts most of it got cleared up with by simply clicking the "Remove ghosts" in HDR Pro, I only fixed one or two with a layer mask.
    Patrick

Bayshore Drive in Tampa near sunset

1DX
    35mm f/1.4L
    ISO 50
    f/22
    3.2 sec