Page 30 of 63 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best Landscape...

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Huyer View Post
    Thanks everyone --- I had this shot in mind for a while and I just needed to go and get it. The lack of wind was definitely nice for the photo, but it also meant that the mosquitoes were having a field day. I needed the 15 second exposure just to make sure they were blurred out of the image! It is a crazy year for the bugs... normally it's not anywhere near this bad. Pat you should think about making a visit to the mountains sometime --- I will give you a guided tour. Same goes for anyone else on the forum. September is the best month of all, so give it some thought! Just bring a bucket of deet.
    Jonathan,

Do you know of any good places right around Vancouver to shoot/hike/bike? I'm staying at the University of British Columbia for a week starting August 8.
    My Flickr page
    Canon Eos 1DIII, Canon Eos 20D, Canon Eos T3i, Canon Eos M, Canon EF 400mm f5.6L, Canon EF 300mm f4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f2.8L IS II, Canon EF 180mm f3.5L macro, EF Canon 24-70mm f2.8L, Canon EFs 60mm f2.8, Canon EF 50mm f1.4, Canon EF 50mm f2.5 compact macro, Canon EF 40mm f2.8, Canon EF-M 22mm f2, Canon 430EX II

Oh you should definitely ride around Stanley Park, and scout some locations for sunrises & sunsets while you're there. The best hike is the 'Grouse Grind', up to the top of Grouse Mountain. It's rather steep but takes less than an hour if you can push it. There is a large bear enclosure up there too if you want a shot of a captive grizzly, so bring a zoom lens. UBC itself is quite nice, and a stroll through the Endowment Lands area is always rewarding. Have fun, and I'm looking forward to seeing your results!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Huyer View Post
    Oh you should definitely ride around Stanley Park, and scout some locations for sunrises & sunsets while you're there. The best hike is the 'Grouse Grind', up to the top of Grouse Mountain. It's rather steep but takes less than an hour if you can push it. There is a large bear enclosure up there too if you want a shot of a captive grizzly, so bring a zoom lens. UBC itself is quite nice, and a stroll through the Endowment Lands area is always rewarding. Have fun, and I'm looking forward to seeing your results!
    I just checked out the Grouse Mountain website. Looks like a fun stop on the trip. I went ahead and scheduled a day on the mountain. Thanks for the info!
    My Flickr page
    Canon Eos 1DIII, Canon Eos 20D, Canon Eos T3i, Canon Eos M, Canon EF 400mm f5.6L, Canon EF 300mm f4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f2.8L IS II, Canon EF 180mm f3.5L macro, EF Canon 24-70mm f2.8L, Canon EFs 60mm f2.8, Canon EF 50mm f1.4, Canon EF 50mm f2.5 compact macro, Canon EF 40mm f2.8, Canon EF-M 22mm f2, Canon 430EX II

Quote Originally Posted by dsiegel5151 View Post
    I just checked out the Grouse Mountain website. Looks like a fun stop on the trip. I went ahead and scheduled a day on the mountain. Thanks for the info!
    Hi dsiegel,

Another great outing would be Lynn Canyon Suspension bridge in North Vancouver.
    http://lynncanyon.ca/

Taking a walk along the Seawall is also a lot of fun
    http://vancouver.ca/parks/parks/stanley/seawall.htm

Whistler mountain is also a hot spot
    http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/index.htm

And I think Jonathan must be in pretty great shape because if you can do "The Grind" in under an hour, you are in shape! As far as I know there's a competition every year - last I heard the record is 27 minutes. When I did it I remember thinking: "This is like climbing a ladder with rungs very far apart for an hour!"

The view is COMPLETELY worth it though.

Hope you have a great time in beautiful BC!

Cheers,

Damian

Quote Originally Posted by DLS View Post
    Hi dsiegel,

Another great outing would be Lynn Canyon Suspension bridge in North Vancouver.
    http://lynncanyon.ca/

Taking a walk along the Seawall is also a lot of fun
    http://vancouver.ca/parks/parks/stanley/seawall.htm

Whistler mountain is also a hot spot
    http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/index.htm

And I think Jonathan must be in pretty great shape because if you can do "The Grind" in under an hour, you are in shape! As far as I know there's a competition every year - last I heard the record is 27 minutes. When I did it I remember thinking: "This is like climbing a ladder with rungs very far apart for an hour!"

The view is COMPLETELY worth it though.

Hope you have a great time in beautiful BC!

Cheers,

Damian
    Thanks Damian,

The suspension bridge looks like a lot of fun. I think I'm going to take Saturday and Sunday as "free days" from my conference, so I should be able to get to a lot of these hot spots. Yeah, I watched a video of people climbing the "Grind". Looks rough. Should be a fun climb, but an awful decent (at least for my knees). I don't think I'll be hauling the 600mm f4L IS II up there...oh wait, I don't have that anyways

Cheers,

Dustin
    My Flickr page

Great shot Jonathan.
    Here is another one from Wello Point.
    [img]
    Wellington Point by Steve's Life, on Flickr[/img]
    Thanks for viewing.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Thanks Steve -- and likewise for your shot! I like the people in the frame... it makes me imagine being there myself.

Dustin don't worry about the descent for the Grind. You're actually not allowed to walk down, and must buy a one-way ticket for the gondola. My last climb was 45 minutes, carrying just a 24-70 lens. Next time I do it I'll bring a bigger lens, so I'll have an excuse for being slower

Nice one Steve!

Was this one bare naked or filtered for the kids! I also like people in the frame, I used to not like it, but now I like it more. Especially a couple like that, walking in the Sunset and arguing.

Rich

Thanks guys, this was with the 70-200 and just a CP filter.
    Steve U

Zeiss 21mm and a ND32 filter.
    [img]
    Cleveland by Steve's Life, on Flickr[/img]

Thanks for viewing.
    Steve U