View Poll Results: Which photo is your favorite?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • thekingb

2 6.67%
  • Freelanceshots

2 6.67%
  • conropl

12 40.00%
  • SteveU

10 33.33%
  • Erno James

4 13.33%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: #29 - Long Exposure - Congrats conropl

way way way! cool. I would love to have this on my wall.
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

CLS: that is way cool. might have screwed up my first reply, wanted to make sure "that geek" got the kudo
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

Here is a flash 180 x 360 VR I did recently with 8 combined shots 6 around, one up, and one down. Don't forget to look up 90 degrees and down 90. (left click mouse inside VR image while holding and then move in any direction)

(I guess with the new forum one cannot post Flash files any longer) I can't figure out how to do it now with the supported file types

http://www.freelanceshots.com/Highwa...s_cantrell.swf

A flat 4 vertical image stitch covering about 190 degree view from the Arkansas State Capitol on December 31, 2011.

Almost everything I do these days consists of a tripod and long exposures. This one below was in the area of a 10 minute exposure
    at approx 4:30 am during the summer time. I painted the foreground with a handheld, high power spotlight.

Attachment 0

Single image 5D2 cropped in the length on both sides to make it fit within a standard size

A partial view from the Flash VR panorama from up top. Been doing these types of images lately because
    of the amount of information that can be captured.

This one below was shot at 12:30 a.m. at night and consists of 3 horizontal images from a standard tripod. Each exposure was like 20 seconds at ISO 1000 with the 5D2. A very lite snow that we had in early December. Started at about 11.30 p.m. and was gone by 10 a.m. the next day.

Last edited by freelanceshots; 01-06-2012 at 05:41 PM.

So long story short, I drove to a job interview yesterday, got there 45 minutes early. Drove around for the hell of it to kill time, there's a massive construction site going on for the South Road Superway, looks like it'll be there for the next 3 years at least. Whilst me and the missus were driving past it, she came up with a very cool art-project idea to do together (more details on that later, if it ever happens). So we drove back last night, and got some very very nice industrial-artwork in the setting sun, the shots look really good, but they're not exactly 'long exposure' (a lot were with the 85/1.8 @ f/1.8 1/8000s). After the sun went down we were still walking around looking for shots, so I set the lensbaby up on the tripod, with an f/22 disc and plastic-optic in.

I tried a few variations of this one, I took 3-bracketed exposures at 1/3s, 13s, 30s and tried combining them into an HDR (LuminanceHDR that I use doesn't like dealing with clipped highlights though), tried a few variations of DPP settings, lower contrast, -0.5EV, -2 Highlights, none looked any good. So in the end I just took the 30s exposure .cr2 file, loaded that into the program by itself and tonemapped it, took it to GIMP and fixed some curves, and cloned out a lot of dead-pixels, and came up with this:

Still not too happy with it, but it's my entry for now. I might go back later for more photos and get there earlier for the sweetlight. Or I can just hang around there after work, because I got the freaking job. woo! And I can bring my new tripod and arca-swiss plates and all, because I just celebrated and bought $1k of gear from B+H. woo! (but there goes my first week's paycheque)
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.
    Gear Photos

Freelance----your work is nothing less than stunning---The VR image is very impressive, but my fav is the the Arkansas state capital----beautiful work.
    Bob

I canon---You first is magic---love it
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by bob williams View Post
    I canon---You first is magic---love it
    Thanks bob.

There are some great shots being posted!
    Canon 5DMII, 30D 17-40 L f/4.0, 24-70L f2.8, 70-200L IS f2.8, 400L f4.0-5.6, 24 tilt shift, 2x 600ex-RT

Outstanding work freelanceshots!

I took this last March from my yard in Wonder Valley, CA:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	m51.JPG 
Views:	179 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	339

The Whirlpool Galaxy (AKA M51, AKA "the Snail")200 minute exposure (actually stack of 20 10 minute exposures stacked in DSS), taken with a 5DII and an AP130GT (816mm f/6.3) mounted on a Mach 1 GTO. I used an Orion Star Shoot and Short tube 80 (400mm f/5) for autoguiding.
    I wish I had something more recent. I keep promising myself to get out and do more astrophotography, but I keep breaking those promises
    Last edited by Jon Ruyle; 01-06-2012 at 04:50 PM.

I haven't been around in a while so I thought I'd pop back in and contribute something. I enjoy looking at the astrophotography. Wish that I was better at it. I can't figure out the stacking concept with the dark image thingy-ma-bobby.

Appreciate the comments as well!