View Poll Results: Which photo is your favorite?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • thekingb

2 6.67%
  • Freelanceshots

2 6.67%
  • conropl

12 40.00%
  • SteveU

10 33.33%
  • Erno James

4 13.33%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: #29 - Long Exposure - Congrats conropl

#29 - Long Exposure - Congrats conropl

For this assignment Robert(rslhc) has come up with: Long Exposure

Here's a small assignment description from him:
    Long Exposure can be a bit ambiguous so you are free to take creative liberties with this. This could be night time with Landscape shots where long exposures are needed or where light trails are made, or even lightening shots. Or Long Exposure could be daytime with waterfalls, rivers, moving cars, or sky shots with NDs. Be creative and show everyone what you can do with the old tripod and long exposures.

The following photos are chosen as finalists:

Name: thekingb
    Motivation: This shot just reminded me of some of the night work I have done on my own. I love the elements of both the great skyline and car trails.

Name: Freelanceshots
    Motivation: Love the lighting and the mood of this, as well as the fact that it is a pano. You don't see a whole lot of night/long exposure pano's. Of course, since it is Freelanceshots, this image is amazingly clean and crisp. Well done!

Name: conropl
    Motivation: This image is definitely one I knew would be a finalist for me. I love the landscape by itself, but with the star trails it is just awesome. Definitely the kind of image I was looking forward to seeing

Name: SteveU
    Motivation: This image is a phenomenal submission for a B&W, Skyline, or Long Exposure assignment, so I hope you get your mileage from it! Very clean image and aside from being a great long exposure/skyline shot which would excite me, it is also a Great B&W.

Name: Erno James
    Motivation: I changed my 5th finalist I think 4 or 5 times. There were so many great shots and creative submissions. I chose this because I loved the foreground of the water and posts, and also the fact that I was in SF last fall and fell in love with the scenery in the bay area.

The poll will be open for 3 days. Good luck and well done people!
    Last edited by Sheiky; 01-11-2012 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Created the finalists list and poll

here's an entry. took it a few nights ago.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xmas tree.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	100.8 KB 
ID:	296

Alright, lets start off this assignment.

For your inspirational purposes, here are some examples for everyone:

(Disclaimer: The first two are mine, however the following were taken by very gifted photographers that I have come across on flickr. I have simply used the share feature of flickr to attach their work as an example. All credit goes to the respective authors)

Lost Canyon by rslhc, on Flickr

Speeding Into the Night by rslhc, on Flickr

ShelbyBombing by Lunchbox PhotoWorks, on Flickr

Where the streets have no name by Stefano Viola, on Flickr

"Rockstar" - The Milky Way from Joshua Tree National Park by Stephen Oachs (ApertureAcademy.com), on Flickr

moonlight by flamed, on Flickr

Blue light special by Neil Armstrong2, on Flickr
    Gripped 7D | 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM | 70-200 f/4L USM | 50mm f/1.8 mk1 | 80mm f/1.8 USM | 430EXII x2

Senior Member nvitalephotography's Avatar
    Heres a few just to help things get going. Nothing terribly exciting or original, but I like them.
    (sorry about the watermarks, I'll try and post better versions later)

Name:	9156484_orig.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	37.8 KB 
ID:	298

Name:	882114-orig_35669_orig.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	299

It was a good night for long exposure in Atlanta. A skyline with light trails and Jimmy Pyro's fire show.

All shots with 7D and Signa 30 f1.4. The Atlanta skyline is my submission.

Cool shots! In the first one, one driver clearly wasn't sure about where he/she was going

I really like the last one Kingb! Perfect shutter speed.

Yesterday I took a walk along the harbor with my camera and tripod at sunset/dusk (quite convenient this time of year with sunset around 3-3.30 pm). I found this still water in a puddle left by the tide and thought it made a nice contrast to the moving water outside.

"Breakwaters"

EXIF: 7D, EF-S 10-22, 12 mm, f/11, 8 sec, CPL

Off topic: I still haven't got past the stage of feeling stupid crawling around on the ground with the camera among people. The tripod makes it even worse. Maybe they don't take notice but I can almost hear them thinking something like "What the he*k is that geek doing?".

Quote Originally Posted by cls View Post
    Off topic: I still haven't got past the stage of feeling stupid crawling around on the ground with the camera among people. The tripod makes it even worse. Maybe they don't take notice but I can almost hear them thinking something like "What the he*k is that geek doing?".
    Naw, they are admiring your ambition and dedication....

Great colors in the pic....

Here's mine:

Canon 5DMII, 30D 17-40 L f/4.0, 24-70L f2.8, 70-200L IS f2.8, 400L f4.0-5.6, 24 tilt shift, 2x 600ex-RT