Thread: 5D Mark II - Transfer Issue?

5D Mark II - Transfer Issue?

I've had my 5D MkII since November 08, now I've been experiencing this transfer issue for a while now although i was hoping it was going to be fixed with the firmware update although the problem still persists.

What happens is when my 8GB Sandisk Extreme 4 UDMA card is in my 5DMKII and i connect it up with my Apple MacBook Pro17" via USB2, it will transfer 1/2 of the images and then just "hang" and eventually crash leaving me to force quit the canon software which came provided and start again. I can just select Transfer New Images which downloads the rest of the images but obviously this is a pain either way.

I don't have a card reader that support UDMA so i have been using direct tranfer with the provided software from Canon (which has been updated to the latest versions).

Also this ONLY happens when I have taken more then 200+ images on the card. Anything under that amount will transfer with no problems.

Any ideas?

Re: 5D Mark II - Transfer Issue?

I don't have any direct solutions for you, but I would suggest trying a different image transfer program other than Canon and also buying a card reader. The Lexar Fireware 800 reader is around $50 and lightning fast.

Thanks for reponse.. I will buy a another reader that support UDMA although was just wondering this happened. It's not a major issue just annoying.

Thanks

Was there any Canon software to load into the computer? Somewhere in the chain, the computer needs to have UDMA drivers loaded. I don't know if that computer has them as part of the OS or if they'll have to be loadedseparately whatever will be the UDMA source to the computer--a card reader or the camera.

Yes all the included canon software was all loaded in and also the updated releases of the EOS Utility and Professional Suite. I haven't seen any additional software packages for the UDMA source. Guess the best bet is just an external firewire transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Browning

I don't have any direct solutions for you, but I would suggest trying a different image transfer program other than Canon and also buying a card reader. The Lexar Fireware 800 reader is around $50 and lightning fast.

Oh yeah lovin the Lexar FW800! I clocked 3.5gigs at 90 seconds with a UDMA card.