Thread: It's a Lens, Baby!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

It's a Lens, Baby!

So i've been setting up a smugmug website over the past few days (yay, i can finally link to external photos without the TDP-forum-added soft-focus).
    As part of this, I've been picking through some of my favourite photos, it's amazing how many of them have been taken using a Lensbaby.
    For those who don't know what it is, check out www.lensbaby.com for the rundown.

I started off with just a €100 Double-Glass Muse, and got addicted. Since then I bought the 0.42x Ultra-wide angle adapter, the Single-Glass optic (cheap on ebay), then upgraded to the Control Freak (must remember to sell my Muse one day), and later got a very good deal on a kit with the 0.6x Wide-angle adapter, 1.6x tele adapter, +4 & +10 macro diopters, and the creative aperture kit (with which i've yet to experiment), and most recently found the Plastic optic really cheap on ebay. (All i *don't* own is the soft-focus, pinhole, fisheye, and 35mm, really).

I know, i'm a walking advertisement for Lensbaby. I get a lot of strange looks walking around with my Control Freak attached to my camera, it can look like a giant tarantula eating my hand at times I'm sure.

Anyway, even starting back with the €100 Double-Glass Muse, for the same price as I paid for the Nifty Fifty EF 50/1.8 II, I don't think you can get as much "fun" per dollar as the lensbaby (although much like fisheye, I know it can get annoying after a while).

But for now, I thought I'd share some of my favourites (all taken in the Netherlands with the Muse, while I was still getting used to having to hold it focussed in place to take the shot). Surely I'm not the only one on this board who has a Lensbaby addiction, so please feel free to share all your shots too...

A reflection in water has no depth
    (Somewhere near Wassenaar.)

Haagse Bos. (somehow I held my gloveless fingers still long enough to not shake the 1/125s shot)

Also Haagse Bos (in better weather).
    Last edited by Dr Croubie; 12-29-2011 at 08:18 AM.
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.
    Gear Photos