Ok, maybe they should have specified that it was 1 frame taken at a rate of 1 trillion FPS.... I am sure that was in the fine print somewhere....

Actually, if I understand what they are doing correctly, the number of frames captured in a "burst" would be limited by the width of the sensor. Granted, the way they did their experiment, each "frame" would be the exact same image.....so, err...no point to it I guess....unless you want to stack the images (which they may have done).

My nephew sent me the link. Of course, the headline is catching, but the thing I wonder about is how did they have sufficient signal to have a reading above noise. Several of you on this forum understand such things better than I do, but simplistically, I can envision and incredibly bright source, but it still impresses me that enough photons could hit a "pixel/sensor" in 1 trillionth of a second to produce sufficient signal to read above the noise. Granted, read noise decreases with "shutter speed," so maybe that isn't a factor at 1 trillionth of a second.