Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mission Accomplished!! Please Critique!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Huyer View Post
    Congratulations, Denise --- they are all excellent. I think you did a great job with the exposure and processing. This is a very nice way to finish off the year, on a very high note. It's a great omen for 2012!

Happy New Year!
    Thank you, Jonathan! I sure hope it's a great omen! I for one am not sad to see 2011 go away!! SALUTE to 2012 everyone!!

I lightened #1's eyes a teeny bit, should I lighten them even more?

Another to add ...

IMG_9409 by Denise Trocio, on Flickr
    Last edited by ddt0725; 01-01-2012 at 05:50 AM.

This is the last one I will post here. Afterall, if you've seen one snowy owl you've seen them all ...LOL! The rest I will just post on my flickr site and maybe a few will be good enough for me to post on my www.dtrociophotography website!

On this one he has his transparent eyelid half closed that is why the eye looks alittle blurry toward the corner ...

IMG_9418 by Denise Trocio, on Flickr

Thank you so much for looking and for the advice!

Denise

Wow, great set Denise, I really like the first two and the second last one you just up loaded. I wonder if you change the metal green colour to another colour if it might look a little less "man made".
    I am very jealous of this sort of encounter, well done.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Sigh.. First this: http://www.photographyblogger.net/20...tures-of-owls/ blog, now your photos. I NEED TO FIND ME SOME OWLS! I hear there's some barn owls kicking around in my area this time of year. Guess I have a mission now. :P

AWESOME shots though Denise. Must have been an amazing day.
    Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers

Nice shots Denise. Bella was jumping up and down screaming "Hedwig!", so I think she approves too.

Thanks guys and thank Bella ...LOL! Those shots in the link you provided, Rocco are amazing and good luck on your mission!! Those shots makes me want to play with the pp alittle more and get alittle more creative! Also, yesterday morning I left the house telling my daughter I WILL find a snowy owl today so I guess thinking positive helped Steve, I'm not fond of the green either and I tried playing with the coloring of it but it ended up being way beyond my skill level & looked really fake! I am going to try some tight headshots to eliminate it and hopefully won't suffer too much in the way of noise and IQ.

I was going to go back today and try for those BIF shots but it is way to nasty out ...what a difference a day makes!

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    I lightened #1's eyes a teeny bit, should I lighten them even more?
    Looks good... I would not go any more. I checked out the original size in flickr and I think you have it right - any more would get to noisy. There may be one of the birders that no how to get more without noise, but I think it looks good.

I really like the glassy look in the eyes of the last one you posted. It looks good with the catch light in the eye. Again I looked at the original size in flickr, and you can see a little of the blurr in the corner if you look hard enough, but overall I like the look of the catch light on that one (my favorite because of the eyes).
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Way cool Denise! Congratulations on the find. I have always wanted to see one of those in person also, but I don't think they travel as far south as Nebraska. I just would like to see an owl in the wild to tell you the truth. I think they look great and would be even cooler printed large. Go BiG!