I just purchased this software as well. I just upgraded to the 7d and thought I should take advantage of the AFMA.

First I did a little testing on my own with a printed focus target and quickly realized that it can be a very time-consuming and tedius process (for me at least). So I checked into different alignment products (ie. lensalign). About the same time I saw this posting about the software. Seemed like a much simpler process and very reasonably priced (especially compared to the other alignment systems) so I bought the Plus version (with the automatic option).

Tried it out tonight and seemed to work quite well. I tried each lens a few times and got consistant results each time. However, I did have a bit of trouble getting my 50 1.4 to give consistant AFMA values. The software sometimes gave a warning that an unexpected result occured and more testing was required. I adjusted the software settings a bit (lower tolerance and higher number of shots) and it was able to narrow in on a AFMA value. When repeated a few times it gave similar results each time (varied from -3 to -7 I believe) and settled on a value of -5 which seemed to work well.

For my 100 2.8 (non-L macro) it worked very well and consistantly gave an AFMA of -3. I also tested my EF-S 15-85 at both focal length extremes and my 70-200 F4 IS at both ends as well. Both gave consistant (and repeatable values) but the 15-85 had different values at each of the two focal lengths tested (not unexpected).

Overall I am impressed with the software so far. This was just a first run at it and I'll probably fiddle around with it a bit more to see the different options (like semi-automatic mode). I'll also have to see how the adjustments pan out in real world shooting; especially the 50 1.4.

Bob - I'd be interested to see how it works out for you.

Stephen