Thread: [Resolved] Anyone have this issue with Adorama?

[Resolved] Anyone have this issue with Adorama?

Here is the situation. Bryan posted a special on December 23, 2011 that they would have the Canon EF-s 10-22mm lens on special at $649 until January 7, 2012. So, I get my hopes up and am going to wait until the first of the year to purchase so I can put it on the next years taxes. This is a great deal since you can't even get a refurbished one for that price. I attempt to purchase the lens, but the cart price is back at rebate prices of $720. I called and emailed adorama about the issue and now they are telling me that the promotion has past and they are not going to honor the deal, but if I buy the lens they will give me a $5 gift card. Sounds awesome doesn't it.

Now before you go yelling at me, I have purchased from Adorama before and have been impressed. They are the place, along with B&H, that I usually look to first, but this is kind of irritating. Just looking to see if anyone has had a prior experience like this and what was your course of action.

I guess I will have to look to the Canon refurb site or grab something off KEH if I want this lens at the price I wanted to pay.

Sorry for the rant.

Jayson
    Last edited by Sean Setters; 01-12-2012 at 03:11 PM.

I've never had that issue specifically, but I sent an email to Helen Oster at Adorama and asked her to take a look at this thread. She may be in contact with you in the near future.

FWIW, it looks like the Adorama price went down from $719 to $649 on 12/23, then back up to $720 on 12/27. Adorama does have an E-condition used 10-22mm for $619.

Hi

I'm sorry to read that this was your experience. I'm not familiar with the $649 offer - can you please email me with a link to where you saw it and I'll do my best to figure it out for you: Helen@adorama.com

I know Adorama had a lot of orders over the holidays and their customer service was a bit slow.
    They also had some great deals over the holiday. Canon 5d sold for 1999. These are limited time offers and now they are back up.
    I am sure if your ordered in the time frame they would honor your order.
    I have nothing but good things to say about the Adorama experience and customer service.

Thank you Sean for sending the email to Helen. I had attempted to email her earlier, but couldn't find her exact address. John, thanks for specifying the section I was referring to. I emailed that link to Helen. I didn't know if it was a typo or what the situation was and appreciate all of your feedback. Again, I have had nothing but good experiences with Adorama and didn't know if this was just a certain situation that stemmed from the excess shopping over the holidays. I noticed that the other deals had expired, but this one was dated later. Thanks again everyone.

Jayson

Just wanted to post a followup on this issue as I think it has now come to a close. I received an email from Helen yesterday advising that there was a typo, either from the sales rep to Bryan, or a typo when the specials were placed on the site. I was told that the item was not on sale and the sale price would not be offered. They did give me a coupon code for a one time $20 off if I were to spend $100. Otherwise the price was what is posted on their site.

Since I needed a wide angle by last weekend for some landscape work and didn't have time to rent and really wanted to buy something for my kit, I decided to purchase a Toking 12-24mm f/4 AT-X Pro DX II that I have been eyeing for some time. I hadn't heard back from Adorama before the sale date was to expire so I pulled the trigger on this thinking that if I were to get the deal I wanted from Adorama, I would send this lens back to the dealer and purchase the Canon. However from the files I am looking at taken this weekend with the Tokina, I am really pleased at the sharpness and flare control of the new lens. Also, I was unaware that they had updated their drive motor for the AF of the lens and it is really quiet. Not quite USM quiet, but is close to the hum of a IS on a Canon lens. If anyone is interested I will post some pictures taken from this weekend when I have time to go through them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayson View Post
    If anyone is interested I will post some pictures taken from this weekend when I have time to go through them all.

Hi Jayson. I would definitely be interested in seeing some samples. I'm in the market for a landscape lens and am curious as to how it might compare to the 16-35 II.

Cheers,
    Damian