Thread: [Resolved] Anyone have this issue with Adorama?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

[Resolved] Anyone have this issue with Adorama?

Here is the situation. Bryan posted a special on December 23, 2011 that they would have the Canon EF-s 10-22mm lens on special at $649 until January 7, 2012. So, I get my hopes up and am going to wait until the first of the year to purchase so I can put it on the next years taxes. This is a great deal since you can't even get a refurbished one for that price. I attempt to purchase the lens, but the cart price is back at rebate prices of $720. I called and emailed adorama about the issue and now they are telling me that the promotion has past and they are not going to honor the deal, but if I buy the lens they will give me a $5 gift card. Sounds awesome doesn't it.

Now before you go yelling at me, I have purchased from Adorama before and have been impressed. They are the place, along with B&H, that I usually look to first, but this is kind of irritating. Just looking to see if anyone has had a prior experience like this and what was your course of action.

I guess I will have to look to the Canon refurb site or grab something off KEH if I want this lens at the price I wanted to pay.

Sorry for the rant.

Jayson
    Last edited by Sean Setters; 01-12-2012 at 03:11 PM.