I pulled the trigger on the 60D yesterday. I'm unbearably excited, and I have to wait until the 23rd for it to arrive.

I had had my eye on the refurb at Canon Direct ($799) this whole time. But I wanted to wait to see if one would show up at Adorama. They have the 1 year warranty, and one of my initial searches had come up with an (expired) listing on Adorama for a refurb body for only $749 with free shipping. So I waited and watched, and one finally did show up on Adorama. But it was $899.

So I went with the one from Canon Direct. I know it's a (much) shorter warranty, but I already have a purchase from them (EF 100mm f/2.8 L IS Macro) which I've been extremely pleased with. And there's no sales tax in Oregon, so no worries there.

I want to thank all of you for your input! Once again, TDP Forum members have given me the kind of honest and objective advice I need to make a decision. Thank you!

Now to find a buyer for my 3 year old XSi. I have a classmate who is interested. Craigslist here in the Portland area is terrible. I can't get any interest in anything I post there, even aggressively priced. I'm thinking that $275-$300 is the best I'll be able to get for this body (the camera, that is).

Again, thank you all!

Alex