Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photoshop Challenge

Photoshop Challenge

I don't know for sure if this photo can be salvaged but if anyone is willing to put their photoshop skills to use on this photo for me, it would be extremely appreciated!

I know my skills are well below the level for what this needs but do you think there is anyway of removing the dead grass in front of the deers face? I am hoping to find a way to make this photo a keeper and I know some people can create miracles in photoshop but maybe this is really pushing its capabilities.

Anyway, if you would like to try your hand at it and need for me to send you a different file, please let me know! I would be very thankful for any help!

Denise

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2124.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	381

I should mention that I have a few other ones taken in succession from this one that may be sharper if you think this isn't sharp enough. I took a few hundred handheld shots this morning so my steadiness was running low on some of them!

Denise
    I will be glad to work on it.
    I tired to open the posted file but it is much too small.
    Great composition.
    What would you like done to it?
    stlphotography@live.com

Senior Member nvitalephotography's Avatar
    First off I think its a great photo, and I hope someone who knows what they are doing can help you out. I just played with the small version just to see how hard it would be and came up with this.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2124.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	86.0 KB 
ID:	382

I only think it worked as well as it looks like it did because of the small size though, lack of detail helps hide any mistakes. I'd try it on the full size version but Im sure it wont look as good.

Senior Member nvitalephotography's Avatar
    Another thought I just had, the deer face looks pretty symmetrical, can you just copy the right half, mirror it and use it to replace the left half. Just an idea
    Last edited by nvitalephotography; 01-14-2012 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nvitalephotography View Post
    Another thought I just had, the deer face looks pretty symmetrical, can you just copy the right half, mirror it and use it to replace the left half. Just an idea
    Ummm ...sounds simple enough and maybe it can be done but other than using the the clone stamp tool for some simple areas and a few other simple tools in CS5, my knowledge is pretty low. I could probably clone out the grass on the body area some and face to some extent but I most definitely cannot handle the eye area and make it look real.

@ iND - I just sent you an email with the photo attached - let me know if you get it! Thank you!!

Denise

Got it
    Give me a little time
    The eye will be the rough part
    I dont want to remove all the roughness as it makes it more realistic
    Last edited by iND; 01-15-2012 at 12:54 AM.

check your email

Best I could do with a small starting image.

That is fantastic M_Six!! I have been working on another similar photo dealing with the same piece of long grass between them and for the life of me can't figure out how to make it looks so natural! It figures that some of my best photos from this morning have to have one piece of grass in the way!

If I ever finish working on the one that I am on, I will post it to see what you think!

Thank you!
    Denise