View Poll Results: Which is your favorite?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • nvitalephotography

3 11.54%
  • ddt0725

8 30.77%
  • DavidEccleston

2 7.69%
  • Rocco

6 23.08%
  • MrGreenBug

7 26.92%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: #30 - High Key - Congrats Denise (DDT0725)

Mark, don't bite your tough...it hurts!

Thanks for pointing out the discrepancy. I changed my picture to how it looked originally.

Jayson, love the new version!!

This shot is from my very first days of learning a DSLR. Rebel XS and EF-S 55-250 at 131mm shot in JPEG. I really didn't know what I was doing, but this assignment reminded me of the shot. So I went back and did some PP to enhance what was already a high key shot. I wish I had been able to compose the shot differently, but I was behind the pro photographer and at an odd angle.

Zuni on her first walk in Canada, just a bit over a year ago.

Zuni High Key by namethatnobodyelsetook, on Flickr

Well certainly stick me down as one who didn't quite understand the definition of the assignment, that and doing it rushed (and drunk and/or hungover) before I packed up my editing pc and moved house, all certainly didn't help. It's a style i've probably seen before, but never been too much interested in, it's not as easy as the rest of you make it look...

So now that I've got myself sorted out in the new house, I've had another crack, probably not the best choice of subject because it's a Yellow-Tailed Black Cockatoo (I'll keep looking for a better shot of a white Sulphur-Crested Cockatoo, i've got enough shots of them), it was already +3 when I took it to get at least some detail in the feathers. I've tried to keep that detail, wash out the background that wasn't already, and keep some sort of contrast still.
    It's not going to win (there's others here way to good), but a win for me will actually be figuring out how to make this sort of shot at all...

An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.
    Gear Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Croubie View Post
    I packed up my editing pc and moved house
    Did you arrange a forklift or did you disassemble the PC?
    Canon EOS 7D, EF-S 10-22, EF 24-105L, EF 50 f1.2L, EF 70-300L, 430EX.

"Criticism is something you can easily avoid, by saying nothing, doing nothing and being nothing." -
    Tara Moss

Well my mum's Falcon station wagon is probably the size of a truck, once I got the monitor into the boot there wasn't much space for anything else, but I managed to get the speakers in the back seats, the pc-tower behind the front seat, and a few cables stuffed in and around things.

Found a nice White-cockatoo shot, if any of these are fitting the theme a bit better I'm gonna call them my official entry...

(only half an hour editing this one, it's my last go for the night, got a house to tidy and then get ready for work and a jacuzzi to enjoy...)
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.
    Gear Photos

Trying to scare the parrots.....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0673.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	435
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0673.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	434  
    Last edited by Harfang; 01-30-2012 at 02:02 AM.

Wow, the high-key look is kind of hard to achieve without clipping highlights. Here's the best I could come up with. I suppose I could have selected the background and made that a little brighter, But I think there's a nice balance, as is.

IMG_5287-Edit-Edit by RVier199, on Flickr
    Last edited by Rocco; 01-30-2012 at 06:37 AM.
    Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers

Hmmm.. can this be considered as high-key? If it is then it'll be my entry for the assignment..

Cheers!
    --
    AnGelo Chiu (MrGreenBug in Flickr), Blog: http://mrgreenbug.blogspot.com