Hello everyone...

I've made the decision to take the full-frame plunge - Canon 5DMII here I come!
I know in the past that I have opinioned how IMHO Canon held back on some technology from this body (AF being my beef - but I'm not here to stir the pot! ), however given the recent price drops on Canon gear and other programs, the next logical step in the evolutionary ladder would be from APS-C to FF (please note that even if a 5DMIII were to be released soon I would not be able to afford the 2700 to 3500 price tag that may be attached).
With that in mind I'm in the process of selling off my beloved Sigma EX 10-20 f4-5.6 and possibly my Xsi to fund this purchase which will be soon due to Henry's trade-in program expiring in 10 days...this would knock off $600-700 off the purchase price.

I would like to ask you if a Canon battery grip is worth the purchase?
Perusing Bryan's reviews and comparing the different sizes between the Xsi and the 5DMII, I'm questioning the option.
I love the BGe on my Xsi but lets face it the Xsi is a small body to begin with and is all plastic vs magnesium.
Should I also consider a third-party grip?
What about CF media, any particular preference - again please keep in mind that my priority would be photography with a bit of video...

Opinions/suggestions...and as usual thanks