Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is that a 1DX mounted to the 200-400?

Is that a 1DX mounted to the 200-400?

Just read Brian's news story about the 200-400, is that a 1DX or is it a mystery body?
    Photos of the new 600 as well.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

There are two different bodies in the pictures: a 1Dx and an unreleased body. The first three pictures (I believe) show the 1Dx. The last three show the unreleased camera body.

Notice in the last three the on/off switch is on the control dial on the top/left of the camera body. Also, it has an unreleased battery grip (because it has a control knob on the grip). The camera also sports the lock button on the control dial.
    Last edited by Sean Setters; 01-23-2012 at 09:28 PM.

Steve U

The first appears to be the 1D X, as Sean said.

The second is a hybrid camera that combines both the 5D II and 7D in to one FF camera. Much the same way that the 1D X combined the 1Ds III and 1D IV.

If you are not satisfied with this answer let me know. I can make up another one.

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
    If you are not satisfied with this answer let me know. I can make up another one.
    Not satisfied. Try again. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Setters View Post
    Not satisfied. Try again. :-)
    One I like better: It is a replacement for the 7D, it has the AF system of the 1D's with a crop body. It's sensor is much improved and will put out awesome IQ. It shoots 7fps and it is Canon's answer for all the disappointed wild life photographers. It will also AF with F/8 lenses.

I can try again if this one doesn't work...but this is my favorite

I think you are on the right track Rick, but I too would like you to try harder.
    Perhaps a visit to a Sushi bar might unravel some answers, Daniel always got good info from Sushi bars.

Could this be the mythical 6D X that nobody is talking about?
    Steve U

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U View Post
    I think you are on the right track Rick, but I too would like you to try harder.
    Perhaps a visit to a Sushi bar might unravel some answers, Daniel always got good info from Sushi bars.

Could this be the mythical 6D X that nobody is talking about?
    I am sure Daniel will know. But he is probably sworn to secrecy as well. I would speculate the 5D III but it just doesn't make sense. Why would the new 5D III with its mediocre AF system and 32mp sensor be hooked up to a 600mm lens. Unless of course this fellow was just testing out the resolution on a lens that will probably be in the top 3 of Canon's sharpest lenses.

There is the conspiracy theory I haven't offered. You notice that the word "Canon" is blacked out on the camera. Nikon and Canon have worked a secret deal to combine forces, this is the first body that combines both technologies. Canon's rugged bodies and sharp lenses, Nikons pretty pixels.

6D?...wouldn't that be the split camera that combines the 7D and 5D....6D is right in the middle ....

Senior Member francongphotography's Avatar
    I think it's gotta be the 5D III..just my opinion..can't wait till I get to have a FF camera!
    Canon 5D Mk II, 550D/T2i, 50mm f/1.4 USM, 100mm f/2.8 L USM, 17-40mm f/4 L USM, 24-105mm f/4 L USM, 70-200mm f/4 L IS USM, 320EX speedlite

Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/franco_ng/

Alan

flip up flash

If it's a 7D II, where's the flip up flash? I don't see the line. Or, is my eye sight missing it?