Thread: Post your best sports shot

Post your best sports shot

Canon Xti 300mm f/2.8 Shutter 1/2500s f/2.8 ISO 100

Re: Post your best sports shot

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.27.23/IMG_5F00_2633.jpg[/img]

New here...

I don't know about "best" but this is one of my favorites.

(Rebel XT, 200 2.8 + 1.4II, ISO100, 1/1000, f4)

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.24.00/JF.jpg[/img]

Jeannie Finch, Team USA, Olympic Softball Team

Looking decidely like an athlete.

No matter how gorgeous she is in Sports Illustrated, from 20 feet she looks like an athlete, and a very impressive one.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.24.00/LF1.jpg[/img][img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.24.00/LF2.jpg[/img]

This was one of those nights during the Texas High School Football Playoffs. You get great games played under really iffy lights. This was shot with my 1DMKII jacked up to ISO 3200. These are only useful to the newspapers. This touchdown looked like the game winner and I was set to go home when the kickoff went the other way. This ened up on the scrap heap, but it is still a great catch.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.24.72/rundown_5F00_small.jpg[/img]

Not my best, but it did make the cover of the regional running mag. The editor added the Virginia is for Lovers logo after the fact to cover the Verizon logo.

Its not great, but an interesting moment in time none the less. This was from September, so I don't recall the final score, but I believe My team( the Illini) lost because of this touchdown. It is hard to judge it, but to me it looks like his hand is out of bounds. We were in the second row, and this was one of the few times I had an unobstructed view. So many people on the sidelines blocking the view. Still this was a lot of fun to bring my little guy to his first Illini Football game.

Tom

Here's mine:

Xti, 55-250 IS: ISO 400, f/5.6, 1/800, 208mm[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.26.94/Football.jpg[/img]

i didnt see the sports part