Just received my new FoCal Pro program and am very anxious to get started. Other than the "normal" fears of doing something wrong and having the entire unit go up in smoke, I have faith that the program will work as well as it has for others.
I have read through the Manual and I know that many of my questions will probably be answered as I do the tests. I do, however, have a question or two regarding the distances from target to camera. I have read and know that Canon recommends 50X the Max FL... I have seen elsewhere that you could use FoCal at 20X or 30X. I have the following lenes for my Canon 7D and 5D MkII: 17-55 f/2.8 EFS (7D only), 24-105 f/4, 50 f/1.4, 100 Macro f2.8, 70-200 f/2.8. 100-400 f/4-5.6, 1.4X II TC.

Question 1: at 50X the target distance of the 100Macro would be: 100x50/25.4 =98.4252"=8.20' for the 5D MKII would that also hold true for the 7D with the 1.6 factor?

Question 2: My understanding is that the program, in Full Auto, will provide AFMA values throughout the focal range of the zoom lens and, untimately, will apply what it considers the best overall asjustment... Right? (or is it another Senior Moment?)

Question 3: Has anyone out there experimented with diffferent target distances (especially for the longer lenses) that have been aceptable or is the recommendation to adhere to the 50X?

Thanks to all who respond for your assistance.