Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Are you kidding me.......Another flash head

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'm pretty sure there are support groups for compulsive flashers.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U View Post
    The Flashers Anonymouse of Tennessee (F.A.T.) Mid-State Chapter meets the 1st and 3rd Mondays of every month. Er, so I've heard...

Strobist?

On topic, though, you could get 3 YN560s for the price of one 430EX II, and since you're using manual anyway it seems like a good deal. 1/20,000 is their claim at 1/128 power.

Quote Originally Posted by Positron View Post
    Strobist?
    Certainly, but what kind?....According to the FBI dictionairy:
    Strobist; a person who uses one or multiple flashunits off camera on a crimescene
    Serial Flasher; a person who uses one or more flashunits in different non-related crimescenes
    Mass Flasher; a person who uses one or more flashunits in different related crimescenes
    Spreeflasher; a person who uses one or multiple flashunits on a randomly picked crimescene

It seems that the term strobist incorporates the other terms. They seem to be more detailed explainations of the specific types of strobist.
    If I'd have to say so, I'd consider Bob to be a Mass Flasher. If you "google" on the terms(HINT: not advisable) you'll see that he's a lone wolf in a well represented pack. There are really a lot of strobists out there(quite disturbing thought I guess), but if you search for a more specific type of strobist you'll see that Mass Flashers and Spreeflashers are less common than Serial Flashers who are very well represented. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not

On topic, though, you could get 3 YN560s for the price of one 430EX II, and since you're using manual anyway it seems like a good deal. 1/20,000 is their claim at 1/128 power.
    And that...

Great idea, I wasn't familiar with these flashes but they certainly seem to fit the bill and are just what I am looking for. Does anyone have any experience with these units?
    Bob

@Bob for such short exposures how are you ensuring that they're all pulsing at the same time? Do you have a photodiode and a 'scope?

you could get 3 YN560s for the price of one 430EX II
    Now there’s an interesting idea.

A new dealer offers an addict a cheaper fix… so he buy more. We all know that this is just going to end badly.
    Canon EOS 7D, EF-S 10-22, EF 24-105L, EF 50 f1.2L, EF 70-300L, 430EX.

"Criticism is something you can easily avoid, by saying nothing, doing nothing and being nothing." -
    Tara Moss

Probably with a spate of hummingbird-related fires.