View Poll Results: Which is your favorite?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bouwy

11 34.38%
  • Neuroanatomist

3 9.38%
  • bgood

2 6.25%
  • dsiegel5151

4 12.50%
  • thekingb

9 28.13%
  • Sheiky

3 9.38%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: #31 - The Joys of Childhood (Congrats Bouwy)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I might revisit this one later, i've just cropped the original and i'm not too happy, I might revert to the looser cropping but for now this is my entry.

Taken a month ago at one of those annual gift-giving sprees you get around the world, it was only while I was processing it that my missus said that the girl is only 3 or so, her great-grandmother is 97 or so, they live on opposite sides of the country, so this may be one of the few shots they ever have together. So I was kinda happy with that thought...

(and from what I hear, that doll is her favourite)
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.
    Gear Photos

Great topic, Denise! One near and dear to my heart...

The first one is my entry.

EOS 5D Mark II, EF 135mm f/2L USM, 1/1600 s, f/2.2, ISO 100

EOS 5D Mark II, EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM @ 1/320 s, f/2.2, ISO 100

PowerShot S95, 6mm (28mm FF-equivalent), 1/60 s, f/2.0, ISO 80

Thanks for looking!

Mark - Flickr

First time in a pumpkin patch!

not that I can remember the first time I was in a pumpkin patch, but I hope that it was this fun for all involved.
    this one is my entry.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3586_edited.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	90.8 KB 
ID:	525  
    Last edited by gkphoto; 02-20-2012 at 05:09 AM.

Hi, I've really enjoyed the contributions to this assignment - many great moments captured. I've been considering a contribution myself, but I didn't really come up with any idea. However, the assignment got me digging in the archives and I soon got stuck in surfing my own archive - lots of memories come back. If you are like me and take new photos at a rapid pace, but rarely look back to see what was captured last week, last year, or even 10 years or more back in time - I really recommend a few hours of surfing your own archives.

In the archives I found lots of forgotten pearls. Composition, lighting, focus, etc may not always be spot on, but the captured moment may in many cases make up for that. I was also struck by the technical evolution. The output image from a current DSLR is actually unbelievably detailed. When compared to my older photos it's hard to believe I was impressed at the time...

I finally decided to post a contribution to this assignment. My intention is to share an old favorite photo and to provide a reminder of the technical evolution rather than actually competing with other contributions. It's actually taken with the first digital camera I ever laid hands on. We had a weird looking camera at my work that I had the opportunity to borrow over weekends now and then. I don't remember the exact model (and there's no EXIF info), but after some googling I've come to the conclusion it was a Kodak DC50. Some info about that camera can be found here: http://www.dcviews.com/reviews/Kodak...550-review.htm (Note that the sensor resolution is 756 × 504 and that the 640px image below is close to a "100% crop".

This photo is from my parents' summer house. My daughter has always loved that place and is still happy to visit her grandparents' place although she's soon 16. She has a 6×4" print of this photo (that amazingly looks OK) in her room and she says she still remembers that pool.

Please note how I carefully placed a couple of buckets, a pair of sandals, a blanket and some unidentified stuff to complete the artistic impression of the scene. Please also note how I precisely centered her forehead and included some stairs and a small part of the wall in the frame. I consider this composition consummate.

Thanks for viewing (and sorry for the long post).

Nice story and picture Claes

I had a photoshoot with my girlfriends nephew last October. When I got back home I found out that I took a lot of "Alien" photos and I was wondering where it came from for a long time, but I finally figured it out:

Kiddo to Alien in 7 easy steps by Jan Paalman, on Flickr

The photoshoot was really lots of fun and I enjoyed it a lot.(Mom wanted to keep it somewhat more neat hehe) We finally ended up on a dirt-road and well I could not imagine how much a kid likes to play with a bit of sand. Luckily my gear has some weathersealing
    First some shots from my girlfriends point of view:

Weathersealing ain't that bad by Jan Paalman, on Flickr

And my point of viewthis will be my entry)

Tim sandblasting me by Jan Paalman, on Flickr

Finally an Assignment I can participate in! I'm going to upload several. Hopefully y'all can help me select which one to work on and enter.

Thanks go out to my always more-than-willing model - my son.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0497.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	481 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8401.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	87.0 KB 
ID:	482 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8560.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	483 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9507.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	83.8 KB 
ID:	484 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0432.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	480

You'll have to forgive me - so many photos of my son to choose from and only 5 attachments per post.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5Q2I3059.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	60.4 KB 
ID:	485 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8711.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	486 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	son_lowres.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	87.1 KB 
ID:	487

@ChadS, I am not sure we should be selecting for you......but...while it may not be the sharpest, properly exposed and technically superior picture.... 8711 is just really cool...IMO...