View Poll Results: Which is your favorite?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bouwy

11 34.38%
  • Neuroanatomist

3 9.38%
  • bgood

2 6.25%
  • dsiegel5151

4 12.50%
  • thekingb

9 28.13%
  • Sheiky

3 9.38%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: #31 - The Joys of Childhood (Congrats Bouwy)

Lovin' all the entries! Here's my snapshot and entry for this assignment.

Last edited by MrGreenBug; 02-17-2012 at 05:32 AM.
    Cheers!
    --
    AnGelo Chiu (MrGreenBug in Flickr), Blog: http://mrgreenbug.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by MrGreenBug View Post
    Lovin' all the entries!
    Me too! I am still sorting out some photos myself. Hopefully I'll get something submitted this time

Also a reminder: Tomorrow(sunday) is the last day you can submit your photos! So please do if you want to compete

Hi, this would be my try...

Name:  IMG_20110521_1386_ap_web.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  41.3 KB

Hi, I've really enjoyed the contributions to this assignment - many great moments captured. I've been considering a contribution myself, but I didn't really come up with any idea. However, the assignment got me digging in the archives and I soon got stuck in surfing my own archive - lots of memories come back. If you are like me and take new photos at a rapid pace, but rarely look back to see what was captured last week, last year, or even 10 years or more back in time - I really recommend a few hours of surfing your own archives.

In the archives I found lots of forgotten pearls. Composition, lighting, focus, etc may not always be spot on, but the captured moment may in many cases make up for that. I was also struck by the technical evolution. The output image from a current DSLR is actually unbelievably detailed. When compared to my older photos it's hard to believe I was impressed at the time...

I finally decided to post a contribution to this assignment. My intention is to share an old favorite photo and to provide a reminder of the technical evolution rather than actually competing with other contributions. It's actually taken with the first digital camera I ever laid hands on. We had a weird looking camera at my work that I had the opportunity to borrow over weekends now and then. I don't remember the exact model (and there's no EXIF info), but after some googling I've come to the conclusion it was a Kodak DC50. Some info about that camera can be found here: http://www.dcviews.com/reviews/Kodak...550-review.htm (Note that the sensor resolution is 756 × 504 and that the 640px image below is close to a "100% crop".

This photo is from my parents' summer house. My daughter has always loved that place and is still happy to visit her grandparents' place although she's soon 16. She has a 6×4" print of this photo (that amazingly looks OK) in her room and she says she still remembers that pool.

Please note how I carefully placed a couple of buckets, a pair of sandals, a blanket and some unidentified stuff to complete the artistic impression of the scene. Please also note how I precisely centered her forehead and included some stairs and a small part of the wall in the frame. I consider this composition consummate.

Thanks for viewing (and sorry for the long post).

Nice story and picture Claes

I had a photoshoot with my girlfriends nephew last October. When I got back home I found out that I took a lot of "Alien" photos and I was wondering where it came from for a long time, but I finally figured it out:

Kiddo to Alien in 7 easy steps by Jan Paalman, on Flickr

The photoshoot was really lots of fun and I enjoyed it a lot.(Mom wanted to keep it somewhat more neat hehe) We finally ended up on a dirt-road and well I could not imagine how much a kid likes to play with a bit of sand. Luckily my gear has some weathersealing
    First some shots from my girlfriends point of view:

Weathersealing ain't that bad by Jan Paalman, on Flickr

And my point of viewthis will be my entry)

Tim sandblasting me by Jan Paalman, on Flickr

I'll go with this shot as my entry. As-shot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9507.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	83.8 KB 
ID:	563

OMG! You guys sure aren't making this easy on me! I want to elect all of them as finalists!!

Here my entry.

Grandson - 7D EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, 1/125 s, f/1.8, ISO 400

First Snow

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5318.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	572Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5334.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	573

Alright, let's not make it even harder for Denise and call it a day
    The entry-period is over now and all photos that will be added after this point will(unfortunately) not be judged.
    I hope everybody had fun so far, I know I did because the photos are superb

Denise will make her choices and hopefully we'll have the poll online as soon as possible. Good luck!