Thread: Shtuff People Say to Photographers

Shtuff People Say to Photographers

I'm not sure if this video has made the rounds yet... just saw it myself for the first time. Anyone recognize these scenarios?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niyTIbiV19A

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Huyer View Post
    I'm not sure if this video has made the rounds yet... just saw it myself for the first time. Anyone recognize these scenarios?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niyTIbiV19A

Exactly why I chose wildlife as my favorite genre. Great video Jonathan, Thanks for sharing.
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by bob williams View Post
    Exactly why I chose wildlife as my favorite genre.
    Then what am I doing wrong, Bob? The squirrels balk at singing releases, the muskrats are always impatient to see the proofs, and I can't get the birds to shut up!

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist View Post
    Then what am I doing wrong, Bob? I can't get the birds to shut up!
    Clearly John, you haven't learned the benefit of the old saying "if you can't beat them, join them" As Joel taught me, you must learn to "sing" with the birds (with a little help from a smart phone and a loudspeaker)
    Bob

I consider myself an enthusiast, by no means a professional, nor do I desire to be a professional. I carry a rebel, usually with my Tamron 17-50 or Sigma 30mm attached. People say "you must be a profeshunal!" or "that's huge!". Ah, little do they know... I hate carrying my 70-200 in public and usually don't, just because I want to be left alone.
    T3i, Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8, 70-200mm f/2.8 L, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 430ex (x2), 580ex
    13.3" MacBook Pro (late '11 model) w/8GB Ram & 1TB HD, Aperture 3 & Photoshop Elements 9

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead5811 View Post
    I consider myself an enthusiast, by no means a professional, nor do I desire to be a professional. I carry a rebel, usually with my Tamron 17-50 or Sigma 30mm attached. People say "you must be a profeshunal!" or "that's huge!". Ah, little do they know... I hate carrying my 70-200 in public and usually don't, just because I want to be left alone.
    That reminds me. Once I was out on a hike with my kit and was swapping lenses. Some other hiker asked me if I was a photographer. How do you answer that without being sarcastic? Well I guess I am. Not professional, but I am a photographer.

I took a class last night in beginner photography. Took in the Rebel which was bad enough compared to a lot of what the others had. Left the 70-200 in the truck because even worse then what the rest of the students might have thought was what the instructor might have thought. I imagine it to be something like " great another moron with a bag full of gear and not a clue!"

Quote Originally Posted by NorthWoods Bill View Post
    " great another moron with a bag full of gear and not a clue!"
    I resemble that remark!
    Canon EOS 7D, EF-S 10-22, EF 24-105L, EF 50 f1.2L, EF 70-300L, 430EX.

"Criticism is something you can easily avoid, by saying nothing, doing nothing and being nothing." -
    Tara Moss

Quote Originally Posted by Raid View Post
    I resemble that remark!
    Me too!
    T3i, Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8, 70-200mm f/2.8 L, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 430ex (x2), 580ex
    13.3" MacBook Pro (late '11 model) w/8GB Ram & 1TB HD, Aperture 3 & Photoshop Elements 9