Thread: Kitesurfing

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72 View Post
    While I agree with Bill, you may want to consider upgrading to LR5, overall your RAW-JPG converter seems to be ok to me.
    Well Adobe is not the most popular company in Aus. at present. They have been riping us off for many years charging us 2-3 times the US price, for a download copy! The current normal price in Aus. is around $200, and this is after Adobe have been publicly shamed for the rip-off.

I will look at LR5 can give me.

As you mentioned sharpness, you may want to check the AFMA on your lens combo. I could be wrong, but I assume you were focusing on the faces. If so, there could be a slight back focusing issue as it looks to me that 3-4 of the shots the bodies are sharper than the subject's face.
    I have checked the body lens combo and it looks fine on LensAlign. At the speeds the kites travel, the high winds buffeting me and the distance to the kite, I was lucky that the AF tracked so well. I was just hoping that the AF points would stay on the target, was not trying for the face.

To give you an idea on just how windy is was the Kite surfer behind is not underwater!
    Last edited by Raid; 02-12-2014 at 06:00 AM.
    Canon EOS 7D, EF-S 10-22, EF 24-105L, EF 50 f1.2L, EF 70-300L, 430EX.

"Criticism is something you can easily avoid, by saying nothing, doing nothing and being nothing." -
    Tara Moss