Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rigidly mounting an odd combination: T2i + 85L f/1.2

Anyone really know how to drive the USB commands outside of the documented set? I'd love to park the mirror up and leave the shutter open and yet still turn the sensor on and off when I hit the trigger. I could easily add an external shutter that's far more reliable than the one in my camera. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Have applied to get the SDK to allow creating a custom sample imaging device, with MPE-65, with a unique interface for a grad students research project. Microscopes available use too small a sensor and the results of shifting and stitching images change the grayscale values too much for the bitmap conversion and subsequent image analysis.
    The purpose of the SDK Canon provides is to allow programmers to create custom software to use in tethered operations. Might be something you want to look into. Language of source code is MS C++ 6.0

JRW

I have a copy of the SDK. The documented commands are ... limited. However, I know some of the telescope community especially has reversed engineered the software bundled with the camera and have discovered other capabilities. Unfortunately I don't know of anyone that has figured out how to pin the shutter open.

I think I'm having a good amount of luck on mounting my rig. Based on the links provided earlier I've created a steady-rest with two rollers under the lens, a spring loaded clamp to go over and a variable riser under the back of the lens (that also supports the camera). On top of this I've added about 12 lbs. of beanbags. I can go several hundred shots and not drift a full pixel (~40 micron object distance) but I'll need to wait until I get a finer positioning stage to see how well I'm splitting the pixel distance.