Thread: lens distortion correction

lens distortion correction

can someone please suggest a program for lens distortion correction ...barrel distortion in particular

Re: lens distortion correction

Canon's Digital Photo Professional has built-in lens profiles, and can correct for distortion in the NR/Lens Tab. I'm not sure if it's a perfect fix,but the price was right!

IMHO DxO Optics Pro has the best lens corrections in addition to being a good all-round raw converter.

i know about the one in DPP but was wondering if ther were better more acurrate optiins ...i dont think DPP works so well for wide and UW lenses... but thank you both

cheers

Mark,

Here is a quick DPP experiment with an 18-55mm at 18mm. The bottom margin of the sheet looks funny due to laser printer "issues". Pretty decent results for free software.

Unfortunately, I don't have any other program to use for comparison, but I'd like to see how the other programs work as well.

thanks steve ... i have been looking into Bibble labs ..bibbe 4 havnt made the leap yet but it seems to have some nice easy features that are basically one click of the mouse ...http://www.bibblelabs.com/products/bibble/heal.html.. you may want to check it out yourself

cheers

Thanks. Looks pretty cool,I like the mouseover comparisons on the site.

as did i ...thats what got me very interested ...im down loading the trial version as we speak (type)now ... ane of the things i really liked is the highlight recovery with noise nija for noise reduction ...