Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mac Pro vs my old Windows computer

I ended up buying the upper model 13 inch pro. I probably should have purchased the lower end 15inch but didn't really think I needed that much since my old computer wasn't that much. I am going to get the extra 4 gb of ram in the future so I will have 8 when all is said and done. So now the question is, should I purchase the apple wireless external keyboard and mouse or do you think there is some third party brand that is better. I use the thunderbolt display for my monitor so I have a nice 27inch HD monitor, but am having trouble getting use to the tap pad on the pro and using it for selections and different stuff with photoshop. Thanks for your input everyone!

The external kb is nice. I'd use the trackpad for awhile to see if you prefer it to a mouse - I do, so I use the Magic Trackpad instead of the external mouse (although I have that, too, and you can sync both if you like).

Quote Originally Posted by Jayson View Post
    I ended up buying the upper model 13 inch pro. I probably should have purchased the lower end 15inch but didn't really think I needed that much since my old computer wasn't that much. I am going to get the extra 4 gb of ram in the future so I will have 8 when all is said and done. So now the question is, should I purchase the apple wireless external keyboard and mouse or do you think there is some third party brand that is better. I use the thunderbolt display for my monitor so I have a nice 27inch HD monitor, but am having trouble getting use to the tap pad on the pro and using it for selections and different stuff with photoshop. Thanks for your input everyone!
    I use the apple keyboard and it works fine, I like that it has the USB port on it to plug the mouse in to. I don't like apples mouse and I am typing right now on the wife's laptop and we have a Dell mouse plugged in to it. But you can get any keyboard/mouse combo you like.

I am sure I will get use to the touchpad. I am already having trouble trying to go back to the old sony pad. I didn't realize it but used the wireless mouse I had for the sony and it worked great on the mac. Thanks for the tips! I am going to maybe buy the external keyboard and just use the old mouse I had and call it a day. Thanks again for your assistance in making this choice. So far I am very pleased!

Jayson

Quote Originally Posted by Jayson View Post
    So far I am very pleased!Jayson
    That's good news! Have fun with it
    I don't remember with what it was exactly, but John(neuro) had an advantage using the multi-trackpad vs my normal mouse in some photo-editing moves. So I'd suggest to give the trackpad a chance to get used to it, it might turn out to be more helpful than you think now

Quote Originally Posted by Sheiky View Post
    I don't remember with what it was exactly, but John(neuro) had an advantage using the multi-trackpad vs my normal mouse in some photo-editing moves.
    Yep - the trackpad supports thing like two-finger scrolling around your image, pinch-zoom, etc., depending on the software you're using.