Hi All -

I received a lens in the mail today from Adorama that has at least 5 specks of dust inside the glass. I want to exchange it for another copy. I scouted around to get the best price I could find by just saving a few $ here shipping included and gray market. Originally, I was going to go with B&H who had it at the same price until I was ready to press the "Buy" button then they jacked theirs.

My question is does anyone know if I have to pay to return ship or does Adorama email a return mailing label? I can't find anything on their website regarding them paying to ship it back. When I returned to Abe's of Maine they emailed me a mailing label. I emailed Adorama but didn't get a reply so I'm not sure if I should just pay for it myself in the morning. Sure does defeat my purpose of going with Adorama because they were cheaper, when in the end its costing me more. I could see if I just didn't want it but I'm exchanging an item that has something wrong with it so I still don't see why I would have to pay. I sure hope the second copy is dust free and I don't have to pay to give that one back also!

Denise