Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 5D Mark III available for preorder in Australia !!!!!

I think your list may be a wish list. Canon Rumors is saying the official announcement will be tonight at Midnight Eastern Time.

Actually, I think the list at the top of this post (pulled from the retailer's webpage) is probably pretty darn accurate. My guess is that the retailer jumped the gun a bit and posted the info provided by Canon a bit early by mistake. Everything we've seen so far points to those specs being accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Setters View Post
    Actually, I think the list at the top of this post (pulled from the retailer's webpage) is probably pretty darn accurate. My guess is that the retailer jumped the gun a bit and posted the info provided by Canon a bit early by mistake. Everything we've seen so far points to those specs being accurate.
    It is the same list posted on Canon Rumor’s site. I am sure it has some basis, whether fully accurate or not. He could have just as easily borrowed it from Canon Rumors just so he could be the first to offer the camera for preorder.

If it has a 1D class AF system this camera will be a big jump up from its predecessor.

....all the rumors have had "NDA's ending on March 2".....isn't it already March 2 in Australia? May explain it.

But those are very consistent with the rumors I have seen. Overall, looks like a great camera. I'll even consider getting one...after they are available and reviewed, etc.

I never got a 5D Mark II. If I decide to purchase a FF camera in the not-so-distant future, my options include paying approx. $1,750 - $1,800 for a used or refurbished 5D Mark II (or $2,000 for a new one), or shelling out approx. $3,500 for a spiffy new 5D Mark III. For my portraiture work, I've found state-of-the-art autofocus simply isn't necessary (and when it is, I can pull out my 7D). Otherwise, if the spec list is accurate, there's little for me to justify the extra $1,500 investment. Who knows, I may sing a different tune in 6 months, though, once more information is available...

The 7D is still a better camera than I am a photographer. So I can see staying with the 7D for awhile longer, if not years. That said, this time next year, hopefully the 5DIII is on shelves, the 7DII is announced....I might consider an upgrade.

[QUOTE=Sean Setters;65553]I never got a 5D Mark II. If I decide to purchase a FF camera in the not-so-distant future, my options include paying approx. $1,750 - $1,800 for a used or refurbished 5D Mark II [QUOTE]

If the 5D III does have the AF system of the 1D series, I would go for it.

If that is the case I will know where you can get a very nice used 5D II.

Quote Originally Posted by btaylor View Post
    100% viewfinder is great. Not sure what's "intelligent" about it yet.
    Probably level indicators and that sort of stuff...I guess
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72 View Post
    The 7D is still a better camera than I am a photographer. So I can see staying with the 7D for awhile longer, if not years. That said, this time next year, hopefully the 5DIII is on shelves, the 7DII is announced....I might consider an upgrade.
    Same here Brant(albeit I have a 5D2). There are a few things that would be nice to have, but definitely not good enough to pay such a premium price for. Even the AF on the 5D2 hasn't let me down yet...not even during sports-photography
    Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
    If the 5D III does have the AF system of the 1D series, I would go for it.
    Good point. If it turns out it is: what would the 1DX have that justifies the enormous price-difference over the 5D3?

Quote Originally Posted by Sheiky View Post
    Good point. If it turns out it is: what would the 1DX have that justifies the enormous price-difference over the 5D3?
    Maybe complete weather sealing, two CF cards, and more FPS?

Would that justify twice the price to you?
    In the pre-order add it says that the 5D3 would already have increased weather-sealing and I think the 5D2 already does a good enough job for anyone but the real heavy duty photographers. The same counts for the frame-rate. It's nice to get 10FPS, but how often would you really need it? And for the times you do timing your shots can be just as important as the frame rate.