Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: 5D MKIII, done it, anybody else??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    A local photographer picked up their 5DmkIII last week (they love it), and it looks like we'll be picking up their old 7D. No more dogs with blurry heads and sharp tails, I hope.

Me, I'm holding off. After the Tether Tools contest I won I'm feeling lucky. (Foolish?) A local chain is hosting a giveaway. I think they just did one for the d800 as well. If my friends on Facebook use my link to enter it gives me more entries.

I figure my odds are one in a few thousand. Here's hoping!
    Last edited by Rocco; 03-28-2012 at 03:21 AM.
    Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers

Good luck Rocco!

My co-worker pre-ordered the body only, 4 days after BH started taking orders. On the release day, she found out that she wouldn't get hers until May however they had plenty of the kits instock. I told her that I want the 24-105 lens and that I'd give her $800 for it so she went aheard and ordered the kit; she's had it since Monday.

If you can find someone who needs or wants that lens I would go that route.
    --

Nice, congrats James!

PS: pretty nasty(for some among us), but good marketing tactics from Canon there

I am not so sure that is good marketing myself. When running a business I have never considered it good practice to anger potential customers and would never go out of my way to send repeat business from existing customers to my competition. How many advertising dollars does it take to bring in new customers to replace those who give up on a brand?

Talking to the Canon Australia rep, he mentioned that Canon is flat out and focusing on 5DMK3 construction, that is their priority, other stuff like battery grips, not a priority. I don't know what comes out of what factory over there, but his words not mine.
    But the MK3 will be worth the wait.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U View Post
    Talking to the Canon Australia rep, he mentioned that Canon is flat out and focusing on 5DMK3 construction
    Steve, where did you order from and have you actually got it yet?
    I've now seen two seperate places with 5D3 in stock, JBHifi in something attached to the 'TownHall' train station in central Sydney (the guy said "yeah, we've sold 2 or 3"), and a pokey little 1-hour photo place with a bit of token gear, in a Westfield shopping centre in Chatswood, suburban North Sydney.
    If you're still waiting on things, there's something wrong with their supply chain.
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.
    Gear Photos

Sweet Jesus it says it shipped!!!!

YAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Johnston View Post
    Sweet Jesus it says it shipped!!!!

YAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY
    LOL! When I read this, I could feel my own adrenaline and excitement go up a couple notches for you!! Congrats, Dave!!!!

Denise