Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 5D MKIII, done it, anybody else??

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Johnston View Post
    I Put my preorder in at b&h at about 9 am Friday morning. So I don't know where that puts me.
    It probably puts you in line to give us the first review.
    And when Steve gets his he can give us a side by side comparison of the 5D II and 5D III.

This is amazingly fast...I am still waiting on the 500mm F/4 II, it has been well over a year now.

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
    It probably puts you in line to give us the first review.
    Well. I promise to let y'all know how wonderful it is if I get it before anyone else.

All I could think of when I first read the specs on the official announcement was

Nice one Dave, ha ha.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

So where's the Tokina 11-16? Planning on selling, or it's gone already? I was thinking of one until the v2 was announced, but now that the 5D3 is announced I might give up on über-wide until I get a FF (Maybe this time next-year, once the prices drops and those black-haloes are fixed).
    Although, if you've still go it and you're willing to ship it to Adelaide for $500, I might be tempted...
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.
    Gear Photos

Still have it Doc, I am having a go with a local sale first, I'll let you know how I get on.
    Steve U

I pre-ordered one Tuesday. I didn't hear about the 5DIII announcement until then... I moved last weekend and had no internet from Thursday until Tuesday

I'm totally stoked. This is exactly the camera I've been wanting.

I put the 5D Mark III in my cart and was about to pull the trigger but then I realized I preordered the 1DX when it was announced so I canceled the 5D 3 bummer! I guess I'll just have to settle with the 1DX
    Last edited by Sinh Nhut Nguyen; 03-09-2012 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinh Nhut Nguyen View Post
    ............... bummer! I guess I'll just have to settle with the 1DX
    .................we all have to make sacrifices..............I believe you will be rewarded for yours.....with a 18 MP, 12 fps (RAW), beauty of a camera.....

Just kidding, I did not order neither the 5D3 nor the 1DX, instead I bought a 5D2 right after the announcement of the 5D3. The reason I did it because I just want to have a fullframe body for landscape and portrait. I think now is the best time to buy the 5D2 before Canon discontinues it and plus I got some money from my tax return. I've been putting off getting the 5D2 for over two years. At $1999 during this pass holiday sseason it was very tempting but I had some other priorities at the time.

Congratulations to those who ordered your 5D3. I hope you'll make great images with it.

Get to have a play with a pre-production model on Friday night. Looking forward to that. Images shot on the night can only be displayed on a monitor. Nothing in or out.
    They rang me about it so I'm hoping I've made the first pre-order shipment numbers.
    Steve U