Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 5D MKIII, done it, anybody else??

5D MKIII, done it, anybody else??

Well I just pulled the trigger and pre-ordered the 5D MK3. Arrival here in Brisbane is estimated for the March 22. That is if I make the first shipment, follow-up shipments are set for once a week after that, or so I'm told. There are over 10 pre-orders at the shop I have ordered through.

I have decided to sell the 7D and the Tokina 11-16 to help fund the purchase.

Anyone else pre-ordered yet?
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

JEALOUS! If I sold the 7D and 17-55mm I'd STILL be scratching my head, wondering what else I could sell to fund the rest. (Not to mention a replacement FF lens) Congrats!
    Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers

I'm very tempted but waiting to see what local prices are first.

Oooooh nice. I'm saving for a round the world trip so I will have to see how nice the tax man is to me this year then go from there.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

Congrats, Steve!!! Seriously cannot wait to see some of your photos taken with it!!!

Wouldn't it have been better to sell your 5d II for the 5d III and keep the 7d?
    Last edited by ddt0725; 03-05-2012 at 12:36 PM.

+1

I pre-ordered at B&H though so I am probably 8,796 out of 19,564 :-(

When it arrives, at least one of my two 5DIIs will up for sale. Based on this thread it looks like I'll be asking $1,500.

Congrats Steve, just two weeks and one day till Christmas.

I pre-ordered mine from Amazon the morning after the announcement. I'm so excited.

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    Congrats, Steve!!! Seriously cannot wait to see some of your photos taken with it!!!

Wouldn't it have been better to sell your 5d II for the 5d III and keep the 7d?
    I really don't know Denise.
    If I was more into wildlife, yes I think you would be right. But since I picked up the 5D2 on ebay, FF just worked better for me with landscape and the portrait style of shooting that I like.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

I Put my preorder in at b&h at about 9 am Friday morning. So I don't know where that puts me.