Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New software from Canon USA. Anyone tried to download it succesfully?

I was able to get it to work, I had to add a small amount of files to it so that it wouldn't crash. See my post above your last post. I really don't see the point of this software, so far, it's pointless if you have ZoomBrowser.
    --

What version...windows or mac? Guess Windows since you are using ZB. I am on windows.

So you added only a small amount of files...hmm. Maybe that is the problem. I pointed the program to the folder where I keep all my images. First images did not show up, then when I tried to shut down the program CPU was going full throthle and I was unable to shut down. Maybe the program was going through all the files?

Anyway...to much trouble.

User interface is much better than ZB. I can understand they want a modern look, and sharing features for Facebook and Youtube.

Personally, I don't think the UI is better, is ugly and poorly put together. It's missing a lot of the feature that ZB has.

I'm running Windows 7 x64. When you first launch the software, it asks you if you want to add photos for a default location or if you want to choose the location. When I selected the entire parent folder that holds my photos, it crashed. So I tried just one months worth of photos and it loaded.
    --

Lets hope someone from Canon is reading this. There is something seriously wrong about this program.

A friend that bought the 5D III made a copy of their Canon Solutions disk (v 25), it does NOT ship with ZoomBrowser, it ships with the horrid ImageBrowser... Is there a way to express to Canon to not drop support for ZoomBrowser?

Edit:

My reasons as to why I don't like the software:
    1. I should not have to import my camera settings to load the software
    2. I should not have to point the software to where my photos are, im ZB I would use the navigation payne to get there
    3. I need to be able to view where to AF points are
    4. I need to view the EXIF data, IB does NOT show all of the data the ZB does
    5. IB is missing other features, such as Memory Card reader import
    6. I have more, but need to remember them.
    Last edited by Photog82; 03-27-2012 at 05:05 PM.
    --

Haha...you really don`t like it! :-)

Canon has not said anything about dropping support for ZB but it seems plausible to me that at some point they will. IB seems to have the new popular features like support for Facebook, Youtube etc. so I guess it is the "future".

You were lucky, you were able to get it to work. I did not. Can`t complain about how bad it is only that it did not work! :-)

You have to email Canon. They do listen to complains. Go to Canon USA and fill in the form, and tell them what you think. If they come to take your gear I will support you! :-)