Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New software from Canon USA. Anyone tried to download it succesfully?

New software from Canon USA. Anyone tried to download it succesfully?

Over at Canon USA new software are available but the download link does not work? Anyone else experiencing the same? Maybe they rushed it and it`s only a placeholder for now?

http://usa.canon.com/cusa/support/co...ersAndSoftware

They have made a new management software. I am a bit curious about that.

I see a newer version of ZoomBrowser:

Changes in ZoomBrowser EX 6.9.0 ; - Now supports the following products. PowerShot G1 X, PowerShot SX40 HS, PowerShot SX150 IS, PowerShot S100V, PowerShot S100, IXY 600F/PowerShot ELPH 310 HS/IXUS 230 HS, IXY 51S/PowerShot ELPH 510 HS/IXUS 1100 HS - Supports Windows 7 SP1.

I can't download it though. Are you referring to: ImageBrowser EX? It sounds interesting, but I can't download it either.
    --

Yes, I was thinking about the new Image Browser EX. Will try tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Rasmussen View Post
    Over at Canon USA new software are available but the download link does not work? Anyone else experiencing the same? Maybe they rushed it and it`s only a placeholder for now?
    404 Error not found. So it seems that the link is not alright and it's not just you I don't know if it's a technical error or a placeholder as you say. I don't know why, but I find it hard to believe that Canon would do the second.

The link is still broken, but thank you Brian for notifying Canon.

So, is anyone interested in Digital Lens Optimizer? The new feature in DPP 3.11? Sounds great but RAW files will be HUGE. Two to three times the original size according to Chuck Westfall. But if this feature is taking you closer to the "perfect" lens it could be worth using it occasionally. It will be interesting to see how much detail that will be added after simulating the removal of the AA filter.

I see that it is no longer listed as of a couple of hours ago.

Johnny, I haven't tested that option yet, I'm going to now though!

Edit: It looks like this is for the 5D III only or in a yet to be released version of DPP?
    Last edited by Photog82; 03-13-2012 at 04:47 PM.
    --

Canon removed the software from the website. Ok, maybe someone was in a hurry to put it up in the first place?

DLO is a new feature that will be available when the new 5D is shipped or the next version of DPP is released. It will work for every DSLR back to 2006.

It's out and available. I just installed ImageBrowser EX. I figured they'd hold off until the 5DIII release.

The software only allows you to manage 10k images, odd. I may need to change my folder structure. Right now it's as follows:
    Code:
    Photographs
    >2008
    >>01-January
    >>>5 (contains JPG)
    >>>>RAW
    >>>>DNG
    >>>20 (contains JPG
    >>>>RAW
    >>>>DNG
    >2012
    Anyways, I'm trying to get IBEX to work, right now it continues to crash, I believe I need to reboot. I will check back later with more on my thoughts.
    --

IMO, the IBEX software is useless. I'll stick to ZoomBrowser. I'm not sure why Canon created this software... Couldn't they have just integrated the new "features" into ZB?
    --

Did you get it to work?

Quote Originally Posted by Photog82 View Post
    Anyways, I'm trying to get IBEX to work, right now it continues to crash, I believe I need to reboot. I will check back later with more on my thoughts.
    Did you get it to work?

I installed the Windows version but it did not work. I could not see any of the images. All the folders were there, but images would not show up. I tried to clear the database + reinstalled. When I tried to shut down it hung and I had to manually shut down the process.

I emailed Chuck Westfall but he said he had to forward med to Canon Helpdesk. Too much trouble. Have completely reinstalled it.