View Poll Results: Which is your favorite?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • bgood

17 38.64%
  • ddt0725

2 4.55%
  • neuroanatomist

6 13.64%
  • bob williams

10 22.73%
  • btaylor

9 20.45%

Thread: #33 - Shooting Wide (Congrats bgood)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

#33 - Shooting Wide (Congrats bgood)

On behalf of Andy Stringer I present assignment 33: Shooting Wide

"I’m looking for shots with a wide panoramic aspect ratio between 2.5:1 and 3:1. The subject can be anything you like but the composition must suit a long rectangular frame. It can be either cropped or stitched. It doesn’t necessarily have to be wide angle or wide aperture, just wide."

• Have fun!
    • The poll will be opened for 3 days

And the finalists are:

Name
    : bgood
    Motivation: A very pleasing composition for the wide format. I like the way the path winds its way through the foreground, how the temple contrasts with the foliage and how the clouds are shrouding the hillside beyond.

Name: ddt0725
    Motivation: A great capture of the intense colour of this sunset, with the patterns in the water providing added interest. The inclusion of the shore in the foreground helps to draw the eye into the picture.

Name
    : neuroanatomist
    Motivation: A fascinating insight into a different culture with interesting features across the width of the frame. Good use of leading lines and reflections in the composition.

Name: bob williams
    Motivation: I like the brave use of a slow shutter speed to accentuate the motion of these snow geese. The wide format with the geese flying low overhead works well to emphasise the size of the flock.

Name: btaylor
    Motivation: A beautifully composed image of the aurora. I like the low placement of the horizon, leaving space for the vastness of the sky and the wonderful colours of the northern lights.
    Last edited by Sheiky; 04-01-2012 at 10:37 AM.