Thread: Wally, this is for you!

Wally, this is for you!

A few weeks ago I posted a photo of a nightsky over the lights of a small Dutch village. Click here if you want.

Wally, who has a Dutch background commented on it that it looked really Dutch. In response I said I had to look out for nice Dutch mill to give the shot an even more Dutch appearance next time.
    Wally inspired by the idea used his amazing editing skills and made the shot for me Click to see that photo.

Well...monday-night we had a clear sky and me and my brother went to the local mill to take some shots. When we got there the guard dog of the mill kept the owners awake so we couldn't stay too long. Anyway, here's a Dutch mill at night. This one is for you Wally!(and for anyone else interested)

Pelmolen at Night by Jan Paalman, on Flickr

mmm, nice, don't get them like that in the West of the country anymore...

(of course, if you want to 'dutch' it up any more, there's a nice molen halfway between Voorhout and Noordwijk in the middle of tulip fields, can't get any more cliche than that...)
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.
    Gear Photos

Great shot Jan. Would they still be milling flour here?
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Nice shot Jan, looks like you started shooting longer exposures (quote on flickr).

Wally.....hell of job photoshopping....very nice "Dutch" composite pic.

Great shot Jan.... Now where are those Dutch Clogs....LOL
    Wally Bouw Flickr Vimeo

Quote Originally Posted by bouwy View Post
    Great shot Jan.... Now where are those Dutch Clogs....LOL
    Take your pick...

Keukenhof_0022 by NFLD Stephen, on Flickr

Stephen

Great shot Stephen...I take the Orange pair, although they look like Soccer Clogs..LOL
    Wally Bouw Flickr Vimeo

Thanks for the comments

Stephen, that's a great shot! In a small town only 5km away they are famous for their clogmaker. The town has it's own big clog. I think it's about 2m long. Since it's in the mainstreet I guess night-photography is out of the picture.

Dr Croubie, that does sound even better, albeit it's a little bit on the other side of the country. Would have to schedule such a shot. This mill is supposed to be one of the best kept mills in the country. It's too bad there were some quite bright lights outside. It was hard to get those out of the picture and not end up in the water

Steve, a family lives in the mill-house and yes they still produce flour and oil for regional purposes. Not full-time, but it's definitely productive. Weird thing is that it's only about 2km from my house and I think I never really looked at it

Bill, I am very much enjoying the dark nights. It's so incredibly different from daytime...so peacefull. It's also new moon today and the weather is very cooperative. Next week we're getting into summer-time and days get longer. If I want to do such photos then I'd have to be there much later than around midnight.
    Last edited by Sheiky; 03-22-2012 at 01:35 PM.