Thread: Which Macbook pro for editing?

Which Macbook pro for editing?

Hello again everyone,

It's time to replace my old laptop. I have been deciding which Macbook Pro would work best for me. I saw that there are 3 different displays available on the 15" model. A glossy, a High-resolutions Glossy and a High-resolution Anti-glare model. I will be using this laptop to do my post-processing. Any recommendations?

While we are on the topic of Apple displays...I have read a few letters written into Shutterbug Magazine about the iMac displays. The person who responds to these letters does not approve of the iMac 21.5" and 27" models due to their and glossy finish monitors and to their use of sRBG format. He strongly recommends the Mac Mini, 2.5Ghz with another manufacturers display, calibrated of course. I tried to find a link to the article with no luck.

Looking for experienced responses to this view.

Thanks,

Brett
    Brett

I read that on shutterbug but could not disagree more. I have a 27'' iMac and my prints match my screen. I use Spyder3 to calibrate.

The high resolution anti-glare screen is a worthwhile upgrade. It's what I went for on my 15" Macbook Pro and it is effective at reducing reflections.

I'm also interested in opinions on the iMac 27" monitor. I'm considering switching to Mac when my desktop PC needs replacing.