View Poll Results: Which is your favorite?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ehcalum

2 11.76%
  • Dr Croubie

2 11.76%
  • Steve U

9 52.94%
  • Sheiky

4 23.53%
  • CLS

0 0%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: #34 - Inspire Me - Congrats Steve

#34 - Inspire Me - Congrats Steve

On behalf of Brian (bgood) who won assignment 33, this assignment is: Inspire Me

In short: I am thinking of photos that inspire, whether it be nature's grandeur, unique techniques or out of the ordinary images that make you want to say "I've got to give that a try," or photos that inspire your emotions into actions.

The following entries have been selected as finalists:

Name: Ehcalum
    Motivation: It's perfectly lit for the mood and the couple reflecting on the sacrifices made add to the emotion of that shot. I hope we never see the likes of that war again.

Name: Dr Croubie
    Motivation: This was inspiring to me because it was such a great capture of emotion that I can see getting inspired from his reading.

Name: Steve U
    Motivation: This is a fantastic image for black and white. The different tones make the image and it is such a unique image and inspiring in that it is a merging of the physics of reflections and art.

Name: Sheiky
    Motivation: This is a great capture of a truly inspiring athlete. Folks like this help me deal with the simple issues I face.

Name: CLS
    Motivation: This is a reflection for me of the wonders of nature from a smaller scale and is a very artistic presentation of the flower.

"I also wish to say great work to those that didn't make it. There were some great images. Sorry we didn't get as much participation. I tend to be a bit more abstract in my thinking and in the topics I pick. Thanks for your help on this one. - Brian"
    Last edited by Sheiky; 04-24-2012 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Extended the entry-period till April 22nd

Great topic -- and great examples above. I get immense inspiration from wildlife photographers who get out there and invest the time and energy to find the animals that they love to photograph the most. I've been very fortunate to experience some unique encounters over the past few years, including the two below. The first one is my entry: A wild black wolf in Banff National Park. Many people will never see a wild wolf in their entire lives... it takes a fair bit of work (and a lot of luck) to have such an encounter. The second is a 'Spirit Bear', a rare white variant of a black bear that can be found on a couple of remote islands on the British Columbia coast. It is not an albino, since it still has black eyes and a black nose.

Both these encounters have changed me as a photographer, and continue to drive me in my work. Hope you find them inspiring too!

C'mon Jonathan I recognise that first bloke from the Twilight movies. (bloke is Aussie for guy)
    Great first entry and very good topic.
    Now if I can only get off the computer.....
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Bloke's aussie now is it? Not just something you took over from the UK? ;-)

I think we sent it back and I think it may have been in common usage here first.
    But who cares, a lot of people on this forum wouldn't use it with regularity. I tend to use it more than I should.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Washington DC National Cherry Blossom Festival, WWII memorial. 5D Mk I, 24-105 @ 60mm. F 10, 2.5 sec, ISO 320.

Wa

_MG_0701_tonemapped by ehcalum, on Flickr
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_MG_0701_tonemapped.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	86.7 KB 
ID:	773  

Performance Poetry. This guy was pretty inspirational...

7D, iso1600, 1/200s, FL 55mm f/1.2
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.
    Gear Photos

Cool

Great shot Doc
    Wally Bouw Flickr Vimeo

Midnight In Cardiff by Mark Chittenden, on Flickr

The world is very big and filled with a lot of beauty. Photography has inspired me to look for the beauty in everything.

When thinking of the assignment "Inspire Me", it evokes religious overtones for me. So, as a warning, if you do not want to look at something religious, then do not look at this. I do not apoligize for my beliefs, but I do not want to cram them down anyone else's throat either.

This shot was taken last summer. I usually do not take pictures of people, but could not help myself when this father and the son stepped into my shot. It was such a great silhouette, and the image keeps coming back to my thoughts. It seemed fitting for Easter to add the words.

Thy Will be Done by westmichigan, on Flickr
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr