View Poll Results: Which is your favorite?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ehcalum

2 11.76%
  • Dr Croubie

2 11.76%
  • Steve U

9 52.94%
  • Sheiky

4 23.53%
  • CLS

0 0%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: #34 - Inspire Me - Congrats Steve

Nicely said and great photograph Pat.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

I have already uploaded this photo to this site, but because of something that happened today, i thought I would include it as my entry for this assignment. I try and come up with either something humerous or something thought provoking when I either name an image or upload it to a site. A lot of times I am probably the only one that "gets" my comments, but I'll keep doing them anyway.
    With this image I try and send one image to a group of Government clients each week, just to show them what I have shot over the week. They say they enjoy getting my sunsets and kitten and dog photos.
    On the weekend while walking through the city I spotted the reflection of this church in another high rise building. So I forwarded the image and the caption below to the Government clients.
    Here is a shot of a fractured reflection of a church in the city. Not a metaphor for the state of Christianity in our country, it’s just a picture.

The response I received from James, who I have never met, just spoken to on the phone a lot over the years, has truly affected me. Why you could say it has inspired me. It borrrows and expands a little on Pat's post above. But to get this sort of critique from just a knock about young bloke has moved me. I include the comments James sent me,

If I were a Christian I would say “the lord works in mysterious ways”
    If I were an atheist I would say “like a reflection of a building so is god in the face of men; nothing more than a pretty trick”
    As I am neither I wills say this “The properties of physical optics are a wonder to behold; After all no one can truly describe the underlying nature of the universe, be it a reflection caught in the eye from a particle born of nuclear fusion in a star, or simply a sense of wonder and joy born from the sprit within at seeing it. To each the universe is a unique point of view revolving around the individual; we can neither say weather we truly existed when we are gone all we can do is express what we see through our eyes to others; The photographers craft is that of poetry for the eye, like any art it looks to mean to those who mean to look.
    J Thanks Steve thought provoking photo I like it.
    I did not fix any of James's spelling mistakes because I make enough of them myself, but his second last sentence is one of the most inspiring things I have read, whether it is borrowed or not.
    The inspirational photo for James and me...
    [img]
    Fractured reflection.. by Steve's Life, on Flickr[/img]

Thanks for viewing and taking the time to read.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U View Post
    OK... I too am now inspired by this picture! Beautiful Steve U!

Quote Originally Posted by conropl View Post
    When thinking of the assignment "Inspire Me", it evokes religious overtones for me. So, as a warning, if you do not want to look at something religious, then do not look at this. I do not apoligize for my beliefs, but I do not want to cram them down anyone else's throat either.

This shot was taken last summer. I usually do not take pictures of people, but could not help myself when this father and the son stepped into my shot. It was such a great silhouette, and the image keeps coming back to my thoughts. It seemed fitting for Easter to add the words.

Thy Will be Done by westmichigan, on Flickr
    Beautiful shot Pat - very fitting on Easter Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U View Post

Beautiful shot Steve, I think its my favorite you've ever posted. Really digging your shots lately.

I'm inspired to post! Just gotta find one worthy to be in such good company.

Damian

Quote Originally Posted by Tack Sharp View Post
    OK... I too am now inspired by this picture! Beautiful Steve U!
    +1. I'd blow it up, frame it and put it on my wall. A very fine capture.

Great shot and a great comment to receive Steve. Aside from the grammatical errors, he seems far too intelligent to be working for the government...

@Jonathan Huyer I just took a quick run through your gallery. Wow. You do great work and live in an incredible place. You and my uncle would get along well, although he primarily has been focusing on birds lately. His photostream is here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/25467848@N08/
    Last edited by bgood; 04-12-2012 at 03:59 AM.

Wow, thanks Brian --- very nice of you. Yes I do live in a very scenic place, and with the huge changes we get through the seasons there is never a dull moment. Your uncle's photostream is amazing, and it is perfect for this assignment topic by being hugely inspiring. He obviously invests a lot of time and energy into his work, and has developed a high level of expertise. I would definitely get along well with him, as I would with you and most everyone on this site..!

Quote Originally Posted by bgood View Post
    @Jonathan Huyer I just took a quick run through your gallery. Wow. You do great work and live in an incredible place. You and my uncle would get along well, although he primarily has been focusing on birds lately. His photostream is here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/25467848@N08/
    I agree. I have looked at Jonathan's site in the past and it is a bit humbling. What a great collection. I think the Snow Owl on the home page is the best shot of a Snow Owl in its environment that I have seen (love the frost on the barbed wire that defocuses as it goes into the shot).

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Huyer View Post
    Yes I do live in a very scenic place, and with the huge changes we get through the seasons there is never a dull moment...
    You have said in the past that you are lucky to live were you do, and you do live in a senic area; but I have seen a lot of ugly pictures from others in your area also. So this is simular to Sean's post today: That is, it is the photographer that makes a compeling shot not the scene or the camera. There is some luck to being at the right place at the right time, but you make your own luck by putting the time in and being out there. Plus you have skills... don't sell yourself short.
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr