Thread: Opinion on Facebook page?

Opinion on Facebook page?

Right now we have a website that is indexed pretty well, if you search for us by our name or site name, it comes right up. I was thinking about creating a Facebook page to post sales, new photos (to entice people to our website) but am concerned that if someone search for us by name or website name, that the Facebook page will come up first and confuse potential customers from our website.

What do you think? Does anything have both pages up? Do you see any benefits or hinderences? Thanks in advance.
    --

It seems as though no one uses Facebook here or sells their photos online?
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Photog82 View Post
    It seems as though no one uses Facebook here or sells their photos online?
    I have a website where I sell prints and a Facebook page. I wouldn't worry about the Facebook page cannibalizing traffic from your main website. Just add some links to your Facebook page and vice-versa. I think having a Facebook page is a great way to get more eyes on your work.

When I search mine on Google it brings up my website first and my facebook page second. I have links to my Facebook page and vice-versa. When I shoot a wedding I upload images to facebook and tag people. Free advertising to all their facebook friends.
    Free is always good
    Mark

Use Fb to promote your website as mentioned above and to join networks. My buddy a wedding guy uses pinterest to promote his stuff as well.

I decided to use FB to help advertise our site. So far, I think it's a great idea. Check it out if you're interested in how I laid it out.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/JR-Og...y/189894256821
    --