Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5D III light leak?

5D III light leak?

Anyone seen this? Experienced this? I havent tried yet.

http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=5462.0
    5D mark III, 50D, 17-40 f4L, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4L ​IS, 28 f1.8, 50 f1.8, 85 f1.8, 100 f2.8 Macro

Mine seems to do this. I don't know whether it's an issue though as I couldn't replicate it with a lens attached.

???? People are concerned about this and it doesn't happen with a lens attached?

I wouldn't worry about it. If you do some more research, older models did the same thing, and it hasn't affected anyone in real situations.

So I guess I'll need to make sure I attach a lens when trying to take pictures? Would be nice to have that much time on my hands.

Funny thing, my 5D3 exhibits this issue and the shots I have taken with it are pretty dead on. Now my 5D2 doesn't and my images were forever underexposed.
    I definitely can't replicate the issue with a lens and no cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith B View Post
    Funny thing, my 5D3 exhibits this issue and the shots I have taken with it are pretty dead on. Now my 5D2 doesn't and my images were forever underexposed.
    Me too. So far I've been pretty happy with the 5DIII's attempts at Auto Exposure. I have rediscovered Aperture-Priority mode :-) With minimum Shutter Speed criteria I am also enjoying Auto-ISO.

Yes it is true and it is a major flaw. It was a mistake to buy a 5D III.
    All of your new 5D III’s are defective, sorry to everyone that bought one maybe I can help.
    If you want I will give you $2,000 for your 5D III. Sorry I couldn’t give more, but after all your camera is defective. Please include your warranty card when you ship the camera.

I'll beat that offer. If you purchased a defective 5DIII, I'll trade you STRAIGHT-UP for my 60D. It'll save you the time it would take to purchase a new camera of your own. Plus, it's got a cropped sensor so your lenses will reach farther!
    R6 II --- RF 14-35mm f/4L IS --- RF 24-105mm f/4L IS --- RF 100-400mm F5.6-8 IS
    70D --- EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 --- EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS --- EF 70-200mm f/4L IS --- EF 85mm f/1.8

Aghh no, it's less awesome without a lens attached. It's nothing but a paper weight.
    Imagine if the 1 Dx does it. Pros won't want it. It will be like Clark Kent standing outside a locked telephone box. All that latent awesomeness just bubbling under the surface, but not realised until a lens is put on, or in Clark's case stripping off and putting a cape on.
    ???
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur