70-200L 2.8 IS

Gitzo 2530, Slik Pro 700DX, Slik 381CF Mono

Markins Q3 (Red), M10, TB-20

580 EX II

Hoya & B+W UV and CPL

Bunch of CF cards

Tamrac Expedition 6

Re: Whats in your bag Canon Lineups

varok you basically have a 16-200 f2.8 lens...nice.

My gear is as follows

Bodies:

5D MkII

40D

400D

Lens:

10-22mm

17-85mm

70-200 2.8 IS

100mm 2.8

100-400mm

50mm 1.8

Need to get my Self a 16-35 2.8 and 24-70 2.8 but hoping that canon will come out with a 24-105 2.8 IS which would I am sure remain for a long time on my 5d MK II.

Flash

canon 430EX - I am not much of a flash user.

The Film cameras thatI use and I love using them any time......

Canon F1 with 50mm 1.2 & 135mm 3.5

Canon A1 with 50mm 1.4

Canon Elan 7 e QD with 50mm 1.8 and all other EF lens

Canon EOS 500 with 28-70mm and 50mm 1.8 apart from all the EF lens that I have.

My non canon equipment are:

1) Pentax ME super with 50mm 1.4 and 24mm 2.8

2) Mamiya C330 with 80mm 2.8

3) Quite a few medium format cameras and equipment which I rarely use but I like them lots....

Trying to get my self an old rolliflex.... It been adream for me to get myself a Rolleiflex. I held it only once about 15 years ago and since then I have been trying to acquireone but the price is way beyond my reach... on the lighter side of things, I think I should pop off my 5d MKII and the two L series lens that I have and then pool up some more cash from the reserves and then buy myself a rolleiflex........

wow, some of these lists are LONG! ...i'm guessing long lineups = pros

i've only moved over to dslr from p&s for about 6 months now, but i've been busy acquiring gear ...probably spending too much, considering the fact that i'm just an amateur messing around! this is what i've got:
    • 450D (very happy with this camera - does everything i want so far. i had numerous canon ixus models for p&s, and was used to the canon colour rendition, so i thought i'd stick with canon!)
    • canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM (very nice super-wide angle)
    • canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS (got this when i bought the camera body, but hardly used now)
    • canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II (nice cheap bokeh - got some amazing wedding shots with it)
    • canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM (superfast AF ...my only L lens - managed to get this as a gift! [])
    • canon speedlite 430EX II (just got this - it works great with the 450D! ...i never used to think that i liked flash photography)

• canon RC-1 wireless remote (for group shots that i want to be in)

• b+w 77mm MRC UV filter (i have two - for the 10-22mm and the 24-105mm for protection of my more expensive lenses!)
    • sandisk extreme III SDHC 4GB (does the job - i don't shoot big RAW files ...JPEGs are fine for me)

i have no plans to get a tripod at the moment. isn't the whole point of dslrs that the camera is now fast enough for handheld photos??

also, i have just ordered a lensbaby composer with the 2 macro lenses, as a cheap/fun alternative, to try out dslr macro photography!!

Quote Originally Posted by dbdb

i have no plans to get a tripod at the moment. isn't the whole point of dslrs that the camera is now fast enough for handheld photos??

I would suggest that you get your self a tripod, trust me you will not regret it. I personally consider it as important as my camera battery.

To me DSLR is not about speed but the ability to be flexible. Its something that does what I want it to do, right from white balance, to shutterspeed, to the F factor, to ISO, to lens. What if you want todo a1 second exposure, I am sure for a human being it wouldnot be possible to hand hold it with out the shake factor being included in your pic.

My advice again, get your self one and you will not regret it......all the very best and cheers to photography...

Quote Originally Posted by Tim

varok you basically have a 16-200 f2.8 lens...nice.
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Yup, pretty much covers everything I normally shoot, Canon's holy trinity of zooms. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dbdb

wow, some of these lists are LONG! ...i'm guessing long lineups = pros
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

No, long lists does not equal 'pros' it equals lens fever. I know, I have it too.

But, really, truly I need every lens in the bag. Oh ya, and just a couple more that I don't have. Then that's it. Honest []

Quote Originally Posted by Don Burkett

No, long lists does not equal 'pros' it equals lens fever. I know, I have it too.

But, really, truly I need every lens in the bag. Oh ya, and just a couple more that I don't have. Then that's it. Honest [img]/emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Geez. Tru dat!

Every lens I have, I think I 'need'. The reality is, I like to shoot applications where a particular lens is more useful than another. However, if I were starting over, constrained on a budget, i could certainly make due with less. Don't want to, but I could... []

<span style="font-size: small;"]All right, I'll give my stuff a show then.

<span style="font-size: small;"]I once was such an equipment dude who digs into lenses and cameras very badly, especially after I went partially digital. However, after careful comparison between a number of lenses on full frame B&amp;W and slide films in real life shooting situations (print to 8x10), I barely notice any practical difference between 16-35/2.8L and its replacement model II, the same deal with 24-70/2.8L and 28-135/3.5-5.6 IS. My experience over years makes me wonder why I should pay so much attention on my gear.

<span style="font-size: small;"]There're truely things that are more important; even lots of free time, lots of travel opportunities, a beautiful girlfriend and a happy mode will result in much better picturescomparing tothose people who have the best gear but don't have much time to do photography, don't travel, not interested in portraiture and doesn't havea cheerfulmode to play around. Not even to mention the effort that oneshould put into practice and studying photographic techniques (both polishing skill and innovation). Now if I want to get good shots, I took half a month offduring my summer vacation (I'm still a college student) and govisit some great places where I have never beenwith people I love and spend quality time take photos. Through all my money onto a 300/2.8L IS and keep working hard is no longer my style...
    • <span style="font-size: small;"]EOS 1V-HS
    • <span style="font-size: small;"]EOS 650
    • <span style="font-size: small;"]EOS 50D + BG-E2N
    • <span style="font-size: small;"]EF 16-35/2.8L II
    • <span style="font-size: small;"]EF 24-70/2.8L
    • <span style="font-size: small;"]EF 70-200/4L IS
    • <span style="font-size: small;"]EF 85/1.8
    • <span style="font-size: small;"]Speedlite 430EX II

<span style="font-size: small;"]I guess my kit will remain exactly this way in at least three years, with only one possible exception of adding an updated 24-70/2.8L IS, 35/1.4L IIor 50/1.4 II. All my extra money will go to finance my holiday travels - and I think that's a much better investment[] PS: Probably my discussion is a bit off topic as this is purely a place where we show off our gear, feel free to flame me...[:P]

Well, if this can be considered a line-up:

Canon Rebel XSi - 450D
    Canon EF-S 18-55 F3.5-5.6 IS
    Canon EF 70-200mm L
    BG-E5 Battery Grip

I'm going to buy a 24-70 f2.8, a tripod and I think I'll be done for quite a while...Actually, I really need to save, cause otherwise the other L won't come any time soon ^^"..well I also have a mini tripod (like 12-15" "tall"), but it's my father's, not really mine =)

I think I'm the one with less equipment than everybody here...but I like everything I have, and it almost does everything I want

[edited to add the battery grip]